Ecotech VorTech MP40

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Lunchbox, Sep 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Tell you what, If you get it and don't like it, I will buy it off of you.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

go to reefcentral and reef2reef all the proof you need is there

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Also consider the new Koralia 6-8's. I have a K6 that can be used on a wavemaker. It's completely silent. 2200 GPH. Not sure how big the K8 is but I kept hearing the new Koralias are huge. The K6 really isn't much bigger than my K4s. Where I have it you can't even see it anyway. Best of all only burns 10W. Not as sleek as MP40 for sure but that's a lot of $$$$.

1 person likes this.
  5. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

I thought about it,and knew i wanted one,waited for a good price and bought one.Mines 16 months old, best 420 bucks (CAN) i have every spent.Wouldn't think of using anything else,have given me absoltely no problems at all.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I'm glad your taking everyone's advice. I think you'll be very happy with it. As I said and you have already experienced, they have great customer support and most problems come from user error or improper setup. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  7. Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie Feather Duster

I have 2 MP20's on my 75 gallon, only one originally and then I realized 2 were in order-I would suggest 2 for sure.
    If you don't have to have them yesterday, you can usually find them for 345.00 new or less if they are used-
    I got mine for 240.00 shipped when retail was 299.00.
    PM me if you want I have the info on who I got them from, maybe they will give you a deal.
    I kept having problems with mine shutting down, after a few times of breaking it down and cleaning it very well I realized I had the nut at the end on just a little to tight.
    I have not had an issue since-at first I was questioning the 500.00 spent as a dumb mistake, now I realize it was user error.
    I will say my MJ power heads with my wave timer did just as good of a job-IMO, the advantage with the Ecotechs is he adjustable settings and the fact you DONT HAVE ALL THAT HARDWARE to look at.

Its sleek and clean;D

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I had the same problem, only when I was cleaning the wet side I tightened the nut too much. When I started it back up, it torqued off. I then realized what I had done. Again, it was user error.

1 person likes this.
  10. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I'm not aware of any unresolved issues with the Vortechs either, sure some people have problems with them but I've never seen Ecotech not resolve them, and generally pretty quickly too.

11. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

My mp40 is in the mail i'll let you know how it works out.

1 person likes this.
  12. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have two of these on my 120 and have not had any problems. I do have them dialed back a bit but the flow they put out is awesome. You will not be disapointed. If you can't get the approval for 2 then get one for now and add the second one later.

1 person likes this.