EcoTech Radion Leds Are here(photos on pg 3)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Siddique, Jan 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oki_reefer

oki_reefer Astrea Snail

I am building a alum channel frame to mount in the canopy. worked for the LED's that I am replacing.

2. Click Here!

3. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I may hav to end up building a frame as well but I love the suspended look:p

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Ok so I got them up and running over my tank. Took the opportunity to vamp my tank. It a completely new tank. Gonna be adding new corals, new rocks and scape, and new fishes. Gonna go with anthias and flasher wrasses instead of larger wrasses and damsels.
    These LEDs were a pain to get up. One word of advice is; buy the ecotech deluxe hanging kit when purchasing these lights. DIY projects will just frustrate you. When I have finished adding corals and some fish and neaten up the tank's environs, I'd post my finished pix;)

5. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

enjoy them, I love mine. I have a single Radion over my 70g shallow cube, it's great. To answer a question you posted, yes, the fans do stay constantly on while the unit is on.

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Proposed fish list;

Existing:
    2x oscelaris clownfish
    1 fox face lo
    1 scopas brown tang
    1 lawn mower blenny

New:
    2x purple fire fish
    6x Hawaiian anthias
    1 prawn goby
    1 canary wrasse
    1 purple tang
    1 achillies tang

Existing corals:
    Kenya tree
    Pulsing Xenia
    Toadstool
    GSP
    Brown star polyps
    Encrusting gorgonian

New corals
    Red monti cap
    Green monti cap
    Branching monti
    Couple other SPS
    Few LPS

New corals to come next moth after I recover from purchasing these LEDs.:-/

7. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Thanks, yeah I spoke to a rep atecotech and he said they are designed torun indefinitely.:eek:;D

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

the hanging kit is as quality as the lights and i would recommend you getting it. i love the light it is amazing! and was very pleased with the adjustments on the hanging kit and how clean it looks hung.

you drill a hole and they open up into the ceiling past the drywall. they are the best for holding ... home depot has them its were i purchased mine
    Google

they are called crown bolts. after my research i have found these are the best hold in drywall. get the smallest you can that fits under the hanging kits fittings. mine are up and I'm told they are very strong holds. that i have no worries

as you have found they do stay on constantly, to keep all clean and running well.

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

A bit too late to get the hanging kit or the bolts. They're up over the tank. I will hav to take them back down to neaten up the cables.
    In the near future, I may get the hanging kit and those crown bolts to neaten it up.
    In the mean while all my corals are loving the lights. So am I. The power had gone out this morning so I think I should the battery back up and a small generator for my tank as this is normal.
    I have put on a voltage regulator to the LEDs just in case of any voltage peaking etc.
    Don't have many surviving corals from the tank crash a few months back so the tank looks a bit sparse. Hopefully will be adding more as soon as I could find an atman ph1100 power head to get my ca reactor back up and running.

I call my tank Easter island tank!
    Who can figure out why?
    Sorry for the open window and the untidyness around the tank:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Your tank's aquascape represents the island formations of Easter Island. Or as they call it the "Navel of the World."

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  12. Cutch

Cutch Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I am ready to order 2 of these for me 75 gallon. Anyone have any advice on how to secure them in a canopy? Short of building a structure. I have been debating for months about LEDs and I finally decided. The forum has been a great help..thanks everyone.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012