EcoTech Marine Radion LED - What could it be?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Seano Hermano, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

When you say the product will turn into a bucket of rust. That is bashing a product. Also some bloggers out there are also saying unkind words about it. Read the links for yourself. I am basing my opinion off the user who has tested the unit and told us of how amazing it is during the past two months. I dislike people predicting failure when the people testing it are saying the opposite. Also some of the problems mentioned such as the screws were fixed for the final release but the pics we saw were of the beta unit.

Sorry I am a fan of Ecotech, love their products and the people testing these units have rave review on them. In my opinion there's no need to assume the light will be anything but a hit.

2. Click Here!

3. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

Fan, bolts and controller issues asides, is there anything siginifcantly better about the light this fixture produces than AI SOLs? Is addition of few green and red LEDs important to corals?

Trying to understand why this fixture would make AI SOLs obsolete.

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

The red and green I believe are more to make the light produce more visually appealing. It helps create a more realistic light source rather than how normal royal blue and white look.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

price point for one, the cost of the ai unit comparted to the radion is sposed to be a roughly 200 dollar difference. The power of the Ai sol is 70 w as the radion is running at 130 watts. thats almost twice as powerful for 200 bucks more. The radion is set to be customizable from 6000k-20000k allowing you to choose what color temp versus ai where you can only buy ai white and blue. The red and green led's help get these colors.
    Those two features alone should explain why it will make the sol obsolete.

on top of that, they decided to go a similiar route of vertex with the usb port that you can custom program lighting schedules and patterns. the wireless syncing features with the pumps and cables will help reduce amount of wiring.

the fact they went a different route with the optics as well is interesting similiar to te vertex units they went for a large cluster of leds. versus the ai's tiny cluster w focused optics.

6. Hydronaut

Hydronaut Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The price difference is probably a bit closer than that even. With the AI Sol @ $630 w/controller and the Radion @ $750 (built-in controller via usb) you are looking at a $120 difference. Of course with the AI, you only need one controller for multiple units, and with the Radion you end up with a bit of redundancy.

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

AI actually lowered their price by $100, due to the Radion's release, I believe. Obviously they felt the heat.

AquaIllumination SOL Super Blue Single Module System

8. Click Here!

9. Hydronaut

Hydronaut Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Wow, I didn't see that yet. Good move on their part, that's a fantastic deal.

10. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

11. Seano Hermano

12. Seano Hermano