EcoTech Marine Radion LED - What could it be?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Seano Hermano, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

If it is anything like their pumps it will be quite expensive but well worth it. I'm going to guess that it will be near a grand per fixture but I really hope that I am wrong.

2. Click Here!

3. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I'm sure they will stay true to their roots. I think that EcoTech is not interested in being in the business of selling cheap products. When they introduced pumps, they shot for the top of the heap, Tunze. I expect them to shoot for the top on LEDs as well. Problem is there are differing opinions as to who is on top!

4. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

This was posted early by a distributer on another forum earlier this morning. Since Ecotech found out the links have disappeared and they neither confirm or deny whether its true, very interesting...

A Canadian retailer has posted information about the specifications for Ecotech’s Radion light. Those specifications have not been confirmed, as we reached out to Ecotech Marine and they did not confirm or deny that any information on the supposedly LED lighting unit was indeed correct. For the sake of doing our jobs properly we thought we share you the nuggets of information, mainly:

via [CanReef]

Update: Magically the specs have disappeared.

from
    http://reefbuilders.com/2011/08/25/ecotech-radion-cree-osram-leds/

120v fixture
    34 LEDs
    Full Spectrum
    Fully Adjustable
    Communicates with Pumps
    Sunrise Sunset Clouds
    Cree and Osram LEDs

What more do you know than before? Not much. We are 99% certain that Ecotech Marine is coming out with an LED light. Take this information with an extra grain of salt.

5. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I don't think the specs would have disappeared if they were false. Souinds like someone was told to take them down. JMHO. I guess it's a good thing I quoted the stats as 3reef is the only forum that still has them.

6. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

The vendor that released this information was Aqua-Digital. There is no set price yet they said, they are saying it will be announced next week, Aqua-digital is asking dealers to contact them for preorder so they must have a deal with ecotech, they also noted no group orders will be honored for ecotech lights.

"we should be doing the official end user launch in the coming week.
    But we have already planned to put a huge order in with Ecotech as I know so many of you will want these as soon as you see all the details."
    quote from Canreef by Aqua-Digital

So we should be hearing more about them soon.

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

My contact at EcoTech says that was all a false lead. What they're really doing is importing some LED arrays from China to be used as refugium or grow lights. They're only going to cost about $200 each! They just never stop breaking new ground!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. mikejrice

EcoTech should punish them for talking out of turn by making them last to get the lights lmao.

10. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

hmm interesting, not to say your wrong or anything like that, but they are a registered distributer of the company, why would they sell themselves out like that, by claiming to have the new vortechs, and giving out cheap chinese grow lights. Honestly i don't think that would be a good practice sense. This company has been selling good products for a little while now, not some new guys who popped up claiming to have what no one else had.

I'm just curious not calling you or anyone a liar,

Since ecotech was contacted early this morning about it, why have they themselves not released a statement claiming accuracy of the problem?

11. mikejrice

lol I was completely joking.

I don't think they have any reason to release a statement until they're good and ready. When their pumps came out they broke the mold and did things nobody could have predicted, and if they are going to keep that up, then we really know nothing. All the information that was leaked around was pretty standard stuff that I guessed would be true since they got the patent on the Radion LED. The real excitement will come when we all find out what the EcoTech factor is going to be on it!

Who knows maybe they had that info leaked to build up right before the official release. Before this leak I didn't know MACNA would be the official date, and I don't think many people were on the edge of their seat. Now that it's leaked, I'm sure a lot of people will be online checking it out come the 9th.

I for one know which booth I'm visiting first at MACNA!

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That's interesting to hear, thought I am sure some of it might be true, or at least partly. Why else would they take down the links? Unless, like Mike said, it was a decoy.