EcoTech Marine Radion LED - What could it be?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Seano Hermano, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pmrossetti1

pmrossetti1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

2. Click Here!

3. Boa1277

Boa1277 Plankton

Like all first generation products there will be things that will need to be improved upon, that only will show themselves after many many hours of operation. The true test of a great company is how well they stand behind these products. It sounds like Eco Tech has stood behind all of their previous products so why bash them! Unless you happen to own a different LED that you over paid for? I guess that would not make me a very happy either!

4. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

Does anyone know why Marine Land's Reef LEDs are so expensive? I had forgotten about them. Compared to these new lights, they seem really over priced.

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

ha. No clue. How much are they going for?

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

My guess would be because they produce enough quantity, to get contracts with big box companies, who cater to uninformed consumers...

7. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

The 42 W (42 1 W LEDs) Reef Bright fixture is $350, fits 36 - 48" L tanks.

The 54 W Reef Bright fixture is $430, fits 48" - 60" L tanks.

Maybe there is some extra cost associated with using more, less powerful LEDs than fewer, more powerful LEDs.

8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

The AI SOL are definitely a steal of a deal at 400 compared to the 750 for the radion.
    However, I'm getting my radion on Friday;D

10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I can't wait to see what the AI Vega has in store for us. :p Hopefully more than was shown at MACNA.

11. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

If you have had, or do have both, you can see the $350 difference, trust me. The new Vega should be interesting competition for the Radion.

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

You would really need about 2 to compare. But, they are very different lights. If you need penetration 2 AIs are better. If your tank is standard depths or you aren't trying to keep sps on the sandbed of a 30" tank... then the Ecotech pulls ahead pretty quickly. And it's more aesthically pleasing to look at and more feature rich. Where a lot of people, my self included, are searching for supplemental spectrum support on the AIs you have that built in to the ecotech light.