Ecosystem Filters

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 2, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Navy, 3, 75%]This should be out front where all the eco-system guys can see it.[/glow]
    [smiley=computer.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=smug.gif]​

[glow=Red, 3, 75%]Betcha didn't know it was there, did ya ??[/glow]
    [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif] [smiley=laughingsmiley1.gif] [smiley=mellow.gif] [smiley=scholar.gif] [smiley=yaknow.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]​

2. Click Here!

3. stevem650

stevem650 Astrea Snail

I used to have a wet/dry on my 90. I switched to a eco-system 2 months ago. The difference is unbelievable. Besides my corals doing real well, my tank for the first time has 0 nitrates. I always had around 10ppm with my wet/dry. I think the secret is that I have 65wts(updated from 18wts that came with the eco) of lighting on my ecosystem on 24/7. My calurpra is growing like crazy and looks like a jungle. The calurpra takes all the unwanted nutrients from the water which helps keep my nitrates at 0, and I finally have no unwanted hair algae as well. I no longer use a skimmer, and still do a 10% water change every 2 weeks which they say is not needed as often with a eco system. I would recommend a ecosystem to all. I will post some pictures soon.

4. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Geeze,,,
    Look at the date of those post's,,,
    Eco-Systems have come a long way since then, HUH...
    I have one too, hey,,,
    This seems like a shadow to the Eco-Aqualizer,,,
    Too Funny...

5. arickosmo

arickosmo Astrea Snail

I have only one thing to say...DO NOT RUN THESE WITHOUT A GOOD SKIMMER!

I ran one on my 120 reef and as most people say, they are great...for about 6 months. After that you will have trouble. I scrapped it and moved the tank home where I am using my older CPR which has a skimmer included.

btw...the Kent Nautilus skimmer is incredible for the price. A real finicky skimmer to set up with proper pump, Mag12, but great once you get it going. I have the 24" model.

6. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

My question is what's the difference between the eco and a sump refugium combo?

7. arickosmo

arickosmo Astrea Snail

Nothing as far as I'm concerned. I had horrible luck with eco though. I was doing 20% water changes at least once a month. All parameters were checking ok but I lost a Montipora, Acropora, Porites, Bubble tip anemone, and gained aiptasia. Please run a skimmer.

Huh...look how the spaces lined up at a perfect angle in that paragraph...hehe.

8. Click Here!

9. arickosmo

arickosmo Astrea Snail

arg...no fair, they didn't line up in the forum, only in the reply portion.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i bulit one for a 350 reef at my school. i found at it is best to run a skimmer with them but other then that there the best thing i ever used. but lucky for the school i work for pays for everything ;D

11. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

I run a EcoSystems 3616 on my 180...its late right now I would write a descent review. I think they work great and are worth the money. I gave it a 9 but would have given it a 10 if the unit had a few baffles after the fuge to remove any extra micro bubbles. I will write a review over the weekend and maybe take some pictures of my unit in action.

Mike