Ecosystem Filters

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 2, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

From what I have been reading, filters like these could be the next 'big thing.' Anyone using them?

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Is it worth the money?[glow=red,2,300]?[/glow]? :)

4. fshub

fshub Guest

i don't think it is worht the money, all ihave heard of them, from wonersis that theirs is so great and $$$, but htey tell me that their water is only as good or almost as good as mine, and i have no skimmer or filters, all natural, with food circulation

IMO, you cannot beat a dsb with lr and good icrculation, i do however think tha t askimmer is a great tool, i jus tam stating that this eco is not good enough for my reviews, since i can achieve like results without any thing like that

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i've just purchased an Ecosystem filter fo my 170 have'nt got the tank setup yet but will keep you informed when i finally do

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Please do Chris. I would like to know...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I personally use the ecosystem on my 40 gal and I think it works wonders. It is very expensive though. I would do it again if I had to. I am planning a 90 in a year and will be using the ecosystem on that as well.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

thanks for the input dogface. too bad they are so expensive - what the heck is that about anyway? - i have heard from quite a few people who have them that swear by them. post some pics sometime, i would love to see it!

10. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

the reason they arew so expesive is that the mud that they use is about 8 to 9 $a pound. When you consider a 170 gallon like mine you need 40 LBS of the stuff it gets pretty pricey. but from what i've read once there up and running there practically maint. free (can't wait till i get done remodeling my basement to findout).

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

$9 / lb.!!!
    That is hard to swallow. I mean, iron fortified or not, it's mud!! not some cool looking bio-ball thingy, mud! thats_crazy

heh. but, if it works and all your expensive corals are growing, i guess you can't knock it too hard. i look forward to learning more as people find out about it.

12. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

Yes its exspensive but from what i've been reading everbody that owns one sez its worth the price the mud also leeches ioidide,magnesiumand other trace elements back into
    the aquarium as they are used up by the the various lifeform
    the only thing they say you need to replenish is calcium and then only if you have clams and SPS their web sight even claims thats thier system reverses HLLE. got to their web sight www ecosystemaquarium.com and read the articles i did and thats what sold me on them
    they even did a side by side comparison between a berlin and
    and ecosystem aquarium and the ecosystem was superior
    but like i say stick with what your comfortable with .As for me i'm gonna give it a shot and see if the hype is true.

if you dont belive what i say sueT from RAG has a 180 sps ecosystem setup and running check out her pics and judge for youself.:D