EcoBak Project for BioCube, new sump plans

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Biocube, Sep 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I understand your thoughts on bioload and crashing the system, but I really feel everything will be okay. I can even put the LR from the sump inside the back chambers of my cube to prevent any crashing.

I know everyone wants me to get a larger tank, but at this time I am not in the stages to do so.

Lastly, I know we spent a good chunk of time making the tower. We both took time out of our days to make it. But sadly it is way to large for the closet and I personally don't want my cloths to smell like skim. Believe me, I wanted it to work, I dropped hundreds of dollars into this project. So now I am going a different direction to complete the same task without taking up lots of closet space. I really wish you could help, if you change your mind let me know.

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I think this is a great plan Chris, live strong (but not too strong or everyone accuses you of cheating)

I agree with the biofilter comment. You ave a good bit of rock in your DT and are very light on fish, you should be fine.

The .25 inch might be overkill, but I like it!

1 person likes this.
  4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks Alex,

Your right, I need to go out and find a more suitable thickness for the sump.

If anyone has any input on the thickness of a sump this large please share your thoughts.

5. ingtar_shinowa

its just a little extra cost. thicker is better

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

True ;)

Larger is always better

7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Quickly for the record, the change was because of ME and not my fiancée. At first she was not for it, but when I told her I wanted to go a different direction she expressed it was okay to build the tower in the closet. I just personally don't want to have the smell of rotting eggs inside my ONLY coat closet. When you have very nice winter jackets for skiing the last thing you want is them to smell of skim.

I just want everyone to know that she has been supportive of my builds with caution along the way.

8. Click Here!

9. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Thats what she said. lawlawlawlawl

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

winning!!!!

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Update: I have been researching how to make acrylic tanks. So far this should be pretty simple, I need to order some Weld - On (because I can't seem to find it local) and pick out the thickness of my acrylic to start my build.

12. ingtar_shinowa

All the pros use at least .75 inch.