Eco-Wheel

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 17, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey I'd love to see them.
    Is your setup like this with the wheel above the tank?

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. shadoww

shadoww Plankton

Basically, due to the airlift for water movement the center of the wheel must be above the water line in the tank, that way they are both constantly trying to maintain the same level. I found the drawings..

4. tim_w

tim_w Plankton

I was wondering if the noise from the eco-wheel or its air pump is obtrusive? Is any luoder than a berlin system? Also is the evaporation any worse with the ecowheel? I was planning on replacing an aquarium that is in my den, which is currently an 180 berlin system with a deep sand bed. Thanks for any comments on the ecowheel.

5. shadoww

shadoww Plankton

The pump is pretty quiet and the wheel itself does not really make any sound. I would suggest that it be inside of a cabinet, that way if it does make more noise than you like you could always add items to sound proof the unit. I have never heard a berlin system so I have no frame of reference. Hope this helps.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The air-pump is key here.. as it has to be strong to act as a lift.
    What kind of air-pump are you using?

Anymore pics? As a member, you can upload them here now. ;)

7. shadoww

shadoww Plankton

Sorry no new pictures, this last weekend has been a little crazy. I will try to take some tonight when I get home.

The air pump that I used was a Sweetwater SL22 which delivers 1.8cfm at 24", I got mine from www.aquaticeco.com. I would suggest a cfm of this or slightly higher you also have to make sure that the pump can generate enough pressure to overcome the water in the tube. Once again use the specs of this pump as a baseline.