ECO-Aqualizer, My Review, Locked and Loaded...

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by CheckMateKingll, Apr 19, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Anyone currently using one of these?

4. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

For those who are interested, inland reef aquaria has posted their first "controlled" test result of the ECO-Aqualizer.

http://www.inlandreef.com/Testing/EcoTest.html

In my opinion this is totally bogus test.

First of all, the test tank is too small. The smallest unit Eco Aqualizer has is the E55 model, the minimum tank size required to use the E55 is 25 gallon. Their test tank doesn’t even meet the minimum requirement of the product they try to test, how can the test result be valid?
    Second, the time the Eco Aqualizer was used is too short. It takes on average of 48 to 72 hours for the Eco Aqualizer to reach equilibrium of the water in the tank, the first time the EA was used in the test was less then a day, and certainly the equilibrium has not been reached. That’s why I say their test is totally bogus.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I can say that this should have been done on a larger tank and a tank that was established. Not a tank that was just set up and turning the unit off on and.
    I can say they got was they wanted. You can prove this unit did not would by doing the same exact test.
    The unit IMO is to be used on a established tank.
    Does someone here have one or is using one of these?

6. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

Actually, I do. I have the E55 on my old 30 gallon tank since November last year. I’ve just moved everything to a new 60 gallon tank two weeks ago.
    For the past 5 month I’ve been using the EA, I can say this product really works and are worth every penny of it. I was able to reduce water change down to once month then further down to every other month. I was also able to reduce dosage of additives by as much as 50% of what I normally dose. I’ve just order a new X75 two days ago for the new tank. The E55 is too small for the 60 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump. The Eco Aqualizer makes reef keeping easy and simple for me.

7. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

Nautilus,

I forgot to ask you, I see you have a 5 gallon auto top off bucket. Where did you get that? Is a DIY project or a ready made item from LFS or mail order?

Thanks

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Great info., thanks skylab1!

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Skylab,
    Thanks for the info I am thinking about getting one soon.
    The auto top off bucket is a DIY with a float switch.
    If yoou search on float switch I think you can find all the drawing etc on it and if not let me know and I will dig it up.

[quote author=skylab1 link=board=Product;num=1050800333;start=45#55 date=03/10/04 at 19:44:02]Nautilus,

I forgot  to ask you, I see you have a 5 gallon auto top off bucket. Where did you get that?  Is a DIY project or a ready made item from LFS or mail order?

Thanks  [/quote]

Craig Someone said you have one of these units, True?

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Anyone else use this? come on now let me know what ya think about it.