ECO-Aqualizer II  Wrassman's Product Review

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Wrassman, Mar 24, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stevem650

stevem650 Astrea Snail

Hey Wrassman...I am Glad to read that your tank is stable now. You also stated in your last post that you recently switched over to seachem additives. I have read many good things about seachem products. Is it also possible that the reason that your tank is now stable the result of the seachem products? I see that all your tank parameters are great. Would this also be the reason for a stable tank? Do you think if you disconnected your eco-aqualizer that yout tank would become unstable again? That would be a great test for you to do to see if things reverse.

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Brown, 3, 90%]First of all, I am quite pleased with the Seachem products, and I think that it is entirely possible that part of the stability of the tank could be attributed to the Seachem additives.  As I stated earlier in this thread, I will be exploring that in greater detail when I begin reviewing the Seachem additives themselves.

However, I started noticing changes in my tank BEFORE I made the switch to Seachem.  If you will look back at the 2 posts I made on Mar. 28th I think you'll see that I was quite excited about the clarity of the water, the appetites and behavior of the fish, and just beginning to notice that SOMETHING was happening to the chemistry of my tank.

Well, a new-found obsession with water chemistry and reading virtually everything I can find on the subject, has made me feel much more confident in diagnosing the "issues" of a tank, and coming up with "solutions" that will get the tank back into a more stable state.

So, perhaps there is no definitive answer to the question of why my tank is so stable now.  I would like to think that it is a combination of all three variables I've just mentioned -- the ECO-Aqualizer; the Seachem additives; and my new-found knowledge of reef chemistry.[/glow]
    Just as an aside, SteveM and CMKll, please take that discussion to PM and stop hijacking my thread. [smiley=biglaugh.gif] [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif] [smiley=upsidegrin.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

4. Wrassman

[glow=Maroon, 3, 99%]I want to report something quite fascinating; the problem is, I know that many of your aren't going to believe me.

When Teresa bought "Smokie" for me last week, we noticed that "Smokie" had a small bump on his right side.  It looked like a raised scale, which I thought was entirely possible with him in a tank with several other scopas tangs.

That raised scale turned out to be a parasite.  The next day, I could see the parasite clearly, with part of its body protruding from "Smokie's" side.  It was very small; about the size of a pin-head.  So, I wasn't terribly concerned.  In fact, I was intrigued, since one of the "benefits" of the ECO-Aqualizer is that it "prevents parasitic diseases" and in another place, it says that it "enhances resistance against bacterial and protozoan diseases."

I did not put any medications in the water.  I did not put any medications in the food.  I did not catch "Smokie" out of the tank and do a fresh-water dip.  I just let things go as they would go, keeping to my regular schedule of maintenance, additives, and feeding.[/glow]

[glow=Green, 3, 99%]I noticed yesterday that "Smokie's" parasite was gone.  Not only is the parasite gone, but the place where it was has healed so well, one would be hard-pressed to find it now.

I am including a picture of "Smokie's" right side so you can see that there is no parasite there.  Of course, you are just going to have to take my word for the fact that there was one there, since I didn't take a picture of it.

I am not saying absolutely that the ECO is responsible for "Smokie" losing his parasite.  It could just as well been the fact that the Seachem additives I'm using have made my water "parasite unfriendly."  Or, that "Smokie" is just so healthy now that he threw the parasite off himself.

I just thought I'd share the story with you, and let you think about it awhile.[/glow]

Attached Files:

5. Wrassman

[glow=Purple, 3, 99%]I put the wrong picture on the last post, sorry...[/glow] [smiley=anxious.gif] [smiley=goofy.gif] [smiley=oops.gif]

Attached Files:

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

It's a MIRACLE! Or is that just good science, eh?

I just love those doubting Thomases!

7. Wrassman

[glow=Brown, 2, 80%]I was looking back today, over the list of 'benefits' offered by the ECO-Aqualizer. Some of them include:

-- removes harmful toxins and trapped gases
    -- increases dissolution rates of oxygen
    -- increases ORP levels by stimulating water molecules

While I'm sure that these things were happening in my tank, other aspects of increased levels of DO did not seem to be occurring. I have not, for instance, seen a greater level of 'oxidation' of waste materials, and neither have I seen a drastic reduction in the new growth of algae.

For these reasons, I bought the Sochting Oxydator A. I am very curious to see how the addition of 250mg of oxygen per day into the tank affects the operation of the ECO-Aqualizer. I will definitely keep everyone informed as to the operation of both.[/glow]

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wrassman you are over the top with the Oxydator! [smiley=victory.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif] That's great.

As far at the ECO-Aqualizer goes, algae reduction would have been a big selling point to me. That's a big one. [smiley=worried.gif]