Easy way to hang your LED's by yourself.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Magnus, Apr 12, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I'm at 45% on bulbs and LED'S now.
    [​IMG]

The coral is having a great time with the new lights!! Soon ill be able to start placing them where they will go for good.

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Guess what im researching now?
    I found 2 new hairline cracks on my top brace. One is on the center brace about an inch from the front glass and the second one at the front, about 1 inch to the left of the center brace.

Im seriously worried. I can see it has bowed outwards about a quarter of an inch when I put a level against the front glass.

So, here is my dilema. My 55 is weird (48" long by 12.5" deep and 21" tall). Apparently it not as standard as I thought it was ( http://www.aquariumdimensions.com/), as far as the dimensions go. To euro brace it the way it makes sense (going all the way around) I have to give up my HOB overflow... which I cannot do.

Buying a new one is not an option b/c I just spent all that cash on my lights. If I could afford a new tank, I would want it to have more width to have more scape options ... if I get a bigger one, I also have to buy or build a new stand. So a repair is the way to go.

Does anyone know of a good euro brace margin calculator or a website that can give me concrete info on the how?
    I have found huge threads on other forums, and they're mostly about people asking for the safety margin or disagreeing about what the "best" safety margin should be. I googled for a calculator too, but could not really find the one. (I will spend more time researching and googling tomorrow)

Any links that would save me any time whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!