Easy way to hang your LED's by yourself.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Magnus, Apr 12, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

When there's a will, there's a way Vinny :)
    I can't wait to see how things will look once I get the other new bulb. The coral plus and purple plus are new, then I will keep the 6500K that I had only used for 1 month in my old fixture and will replace the blue plus for a new one of the same. I'm planning to use the led for a bit of an aesthetic end rather than for growth... but never say never. One thing I know is that I love how crisp things look with this fixture!
    The word "had" is not ommited. Why did you replace it?

2. Click Here!

3. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

I just really wanted to try halides on my tank. I love the halides, but I still miss the ATI. The color on the halides is slightly better while the functionality and build quality on the ATI is better. Close call on two great lights.

4. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

Looks good, Ati makes a killer light and many people are going back to T5s

5. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks!! I can understand that.
    I've been playing with my lights for one day and everything and everyone loves them so far. I will continue to play with the colors and once i get the look, ill get the intensity.
    Thats comforting. Im very happy with them so far.

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

We'll I am glad I did not look at this thread any earlier or I would have worried about your tiny wife, you and the light falling.

It was nice to see an image of them up, what a relief.

So yeah since the main component is the T5 you really do not need an acclimation mode for the LED's, in a perfect world it would be nice. It's really nice fixture, don't break it!!!!!!!!or anything or anyone.

We do we get to see it in action?

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I will make a video of the current color setting tomorrow evening. It has a feature that it allows you to "Play" your configuration and shows the progression of the whole schedule in about 2 minutes or less. I will upload tomorrow since everyone is sleeping now.

I feel I need to acclimate because, believe it or not, my old fixture only had 1 working bulb left (Blue plus) for about a month: 2 weeks while I researched the new light fixture after ballast 1 went out and another 2 weeks while I waited for the slooooooooooooooooow aquacave shipping process. I can say one thing about that site, and I know that other peoples personal experience may vary, but I'm not ordering anything there again.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Update with picture. Intensity on T5's and LED's is currently at 35%. Bumped it up a notch.

Here is how it looks at 35%.
    uploadfromtaptalk1429039786937.jpg

Will upload that video this evening when it gets dark enough to film the process.

10. Corailline

At 35% that looks pretty bright.

11. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I am very happy with the fixture. At 100% is all out of control. I'm sure I'd torch anything I put in there, no matter how deep in the tank.

I am concerned with 2 fissures I found on the top brace. One is all the way through, meaning that the brace is offering no support. Right on the corner of the aquarium. Is there a way to fix this at this stage?

For those out there (you know whooooooom), it's not a perfect time to upgrade. I have my hands full as it is. Consider your question answered LOL

Anyhow, anyone knows how to fix the brace? I just found the fissures.... I guess we'll ask Google first.

12. Corailline