easy sps corals to start with?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by kerr, Dec 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kerr

kerr Plankton

Ok great! Thanks for all the pointers and direction right now I'm using lime water drip and seachem reef builder I was thinking about trying Bulk Reef Supply's two part to start would any one be willing to post pics of there tanks?
    Thanks fo the help so far
    Jeremy

2. Click Here!

3. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

My first coral was a Devil's Hand frag. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and once I got more informed it became uglier and uglier and now looks like a turd hanging off my LR.

I purchased my first SPS a few days ago and I've been very excited ever since. It's so so beautiful - I keep finding my forehead pressed against the glass looking at the polyps and the skin and all the cool colors.

I haven't glued it down yet, but once my LED's come in - I will find it a suitable home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea's on placement in my tank? You can see it on the bottom left rock next to my devils hand and above where my shrimp/goby borrow

[​IMG]

4. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

It will need to be placed in highish flow and under pretty strong lighting (much closer to the top of your tank).

5. RichardinMa

RichardinMa Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I would suggest Seriatopora or Pocillopora as good first SPS to try. They are both relatively easy to keep and have good growth rates which makes them even more rewarding. The colors are also very nice. I have some of both in a 14g Biocube under all stock lighting with the addition of a single 10" TrueLumen 20k LED strip and they are growing very quickly and nicely.