Easiest Clam?

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Brennan, Jan 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i keep my crocea on the sand..i will never keep a clam on the rocks..ive read to many bad stories of them falling off and then either dieing or killing whatever it falls on..JME

2. Click Here!

3. ynzheng

ynzheng Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I somehow failed on derasa but do great with maxima... Maxima are usually smaller in size so it is a lot easier to place them on rocks

4. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

If lighting and flow requirements are met you can probably get away with it, after all they are in captivity. IMO I try and emulate the animals natural habitat as best as possible. I don't think you'd find a maxima in the wild in the sand bed.

Also, crocea are the smallest T. Species and can be placed on rock easily. It's up to the hobbyist to be responsible enough to provide a stable mounting place.

Here's mine under actinics for the evening and as such slightly closed.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

yeah i keep mine under 250 halides with 40x turnover..i would kinda like my clam on the rocks mainly bc of my lawnmower blenny knocks around the sand but these stories had their clams in a little wedge of the rocks or whatever and for some reason one day they just let go and then it dies and can crash your tank if actions are not taken...im not saying anyone should do what i do, but have read and heard tons of stories about their clam falling off their rocks and they dont know why and then they have more problems ...idk just me being too paranoid..heres my crocea
    [​IMG]

6. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Nice clam saints fan 420.

I like to try things for myself, rather than always believe what I read unless proven fact. I can understand the paranoia though.