"E" Corals Does anyone have these?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by coral reefer, Mar 18, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I recently saw a couple of corals that aren't to common in the aquarium trade and are pretty expensive as far as other stonies go. I was wondering if anyone has or has had experience with Echinophyllia and/or Echinopora? Next question> are they pretty hardy as far as light requirements and water parameters? They are a different but somewhat pretty coral:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

actually i do have one of these corals...i like alot...but it fell in the rock work and now im looking for it...they do seem to like high lighting though :)

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

They were pretty, though over$100.00. A small frag was $50.00. Thanks for the info. Hope you find your coral!

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmm...that is a bit pricey...im not sure i would pay that much...i got a small frag for about $25

6. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

What coral dont you have Bruce. :) Blastomussa wellsi is rather expensive too. The alien eye welsi is $100 at a LFS!

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I'll have to see if I can find a frag of one of these corals. Stores are gearing more to the frag sell now as they are less expensive, and lps also make more money this way. Two way street!!!! Better investment for us though this way if it dies, we aren't stuck with $75.00+loss on our investment. Plus we are able to experiment with different kinds of corals with not as much effect on our wallets!!!