Dymax IQ3 Unboxed: A Big Look At A Little Aquarium

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

Hey Matt, any updates? I'm really curious as to what type of corals this tank will keep, and how it performs.

My desk has a lonely spot waiting for some company...

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I love it. It's totally silent. I am looking at it right now. Not too much to report yet. I only have a couple pieces of Indo rock - one with a lot of GSP. The GSP is very open under the stock LED light FWIW.

I went to my local LFS yesterday in hopes of getting some shrooms and a shrimp. However they were closed for a memorial. :p So I will be scouting around this week it appears. I may stick my tiny bubble coral in there. I'd be interested to see how it responds.

That said. Initial impressions are good.

matt

4. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

That's awesome. I'm really interested to see how zoas/shrooms/even some LPS does in there.

Any mods so far, or are you sticking with stock?

ahem... pics ;D

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The only mod I have is velco feet - this thing is on a boat. It rocks! (nice wave-maker) Pics, video soon. :)

matt

6. kiwiroo

kiwiroo Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Looking forward to pics! I am very tempted to pick one of these up :D I probably don't need another project lol :p How often do you have to top off?

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Surprisingly only every couple days. I bought the optional lid. This is certainly helping.