Dying Rose Anemone??

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Poppy828, Dec 2, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

[quote author=CowboyUp link=board=ASAP;num=1102024831;start=15#19 date=12/04/04 at 01:54:14]Amcarrig-

WoW [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]!!  Those are some really nice pictures!  What kind of supplements and ir trace elements do you use?  You have some really beautiful corals and inverts!

CowboyUp  [smiley=cowboy.gif][/quote]
    Hi there and thanks! The only supplements I use are a home-made calcium supplement, Kent's Superbuffer and Epsom salts for magnesium. I also add Iodine but only a few drops every other month :)

2. Click Here!

3. micko

micko Plankton

hello I have had a rose for over 10 years and has split 80 (eighty) times yours sound like its changing its water and maybe getting used to the light try feeding some squid and check your phos levels just my 2 cents hope it helps ;D

4. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

It seems to be doing a bit better lately. Arms are coming out again, he is eating every 2-3 days. I vary the food from krill, silversides, octopus, squid and scallops. He seems to like it all.

Thanks again to everyone.

T

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

[quote author=micko link=board=ASAP;num=1102024831;start=15#21 date=01/03/05 at 03:16:33]hello I have had a rose for over 10 years and has split 80 (eighty) times yours sound like its changing its water and maybe getting used to the light try feeding some squid and check your phos levels just my 2 cents hope it helps ;D[/quote]

::)

6. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Just an update on the Rose. It is looking much better. Arms are extended and colored again. Seems I had a bad hydrometer even though I cleaned it with vinegar after each use. The salinity got up to 1.032. So I did a couple water changes to bring it down to 1.026 and also invested in a refractometer. So much easier than tapping bubbles off an arm.

It is eating now and much fuller. Looks like the day I bought it again.

Thank you to all who helped me on this one. Much appreciated.

T

7. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Rose is still kickin and looking better. He and the clown are best buds again. :p

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Glad to hear you figured it out Poppy and it's doing better. [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]

10. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

So far so good. I too am glad I figured it out.

Thanks,

T

11. karensroses

karensroses Plankton

Poppy, can you take a few pictures for us to see? It is impossible to tell you what is happening with your anemone without seeing it.
    karen

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

This thread is 5 years old. :)