Duncan owners: Please enter

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by GjB, Jan 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Obviously, lol. We were on the same page. I think that one week is pretty crazy.

2. Click Here!

3. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I have approximately 20 heads and rarely target feed. I'd say on average, it grows 1-2 heads every 4-6 weeks.

4. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

I thought you just told me on my thread that you had high nitrates?

5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

I think they'll grow well regardless of spot feedings or not. I feed mine maybe twice a week. Had em two months.

My Blue skirts:
    [​IMG]

My greenskirts have three heads and each head has two coming in! Introduced at the same time as the blues.

6. cwinn

cwinn Astrea Snail

bought mine about 4 months ago with one head. it now has at least 10 and still sprouting new heads. i spot feed about twice a week

7. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

I bought one head in november and the tenticles on it are short nothing like the pictures i just saw, is it ok? do you thing it s a baby or does not like something? where is yours place in your tank? mine medium flow and low in the tank. Thanks

8. Click Here!

9. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

That was me, but its debateable if my tests have been accurate on that API Master SW Test Kit. I can't zero in on a number of PPM for Nitrates. The color scale is not my friend on the Nitrate test.

10. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Mine is in about the same place as yours for now (still mobile/not glued). I'll take a pic of mine now...

I have the shorter stubby tentacles as well but it doesn't signify an unhappy Duncan from what I've seen in other people's pics on the net.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

11. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

This sounds about like how my did. I was feeding it mysis shrimp a couple times a week back then. I've had it right at a year now, and hardly ever feed it, maybe twice a month. I just took a head count ::) (pun intended) looks like 8 large and 8-10 small ones underneath. Go Slow And Let It Grow.;)

Attached Files:

12. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011