Duncan coral still won't open!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by sjn1282, Feb 11, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sjn1282

sjn1282 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Its cool. We all need help, happy to share my thread with everyone. Can teach me a few things as well lol

2. Click Here!

3. sjn1282

So a duncan is the same thing as a whisker coral right? I dont get y at the petco down the road they have a whisker frag for 12.99 then a few rows down they have a duncan coral for 34.99? They look exactly the same! From what i hve looked up they are the same thing but could there be a difference??

4. Bob F

Bob F Bristle Worm

I don't see any difference. The petco near me is notorious for mislabeling items and not knowledable what they are selling so could have easily mislabeled price for it. Did you notice if one was aquacultured? Either way I would pick a $13 duncan/whisker in a heartbeat. Petco list a 2-3 head Duncan for sale on there own website for $50.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Whisker and duncan are the same thing. My wife used to work at petco and wwe've scored a lot of nice stuff including fish from mis label errors. They have to sell the item as what its label comes in as. The price difference you mentioned could be a duncan from australia.

6. sjn1282

Thats funny. So mine looks like its loving the spot.it extends out but the tentacles are short. The ones i see at the stores have long tentacles. Could it be short since it was in hiding all this time and not able to grow? Also the skeleton had turned from a whitish color to a bright neon green! Is that an indicator that its happy?