Dry fertilizer from Green Leaf Aquariums

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Lady J, Aug 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

2n10 uses this fertilizer so I looked it up online. It sounds very good and should keep the 10:1 ratio in check.

GLA doesn't give a very specific description of how many gallons this treats. Mine is a 30g. so will one bag last for a while? And, I assume it provides specific instructions on how much to add. Additionally, what if my ratio is not now in balance? Does it explain how to equalize everything? Is this the right stuff to add or do you feel it's better to have separate bottles of fertilizer to compensate one way or the other for nitrate and phosphate imbalances?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

It should last you a long time. You will need to check out the dosing links on their site and decide which method is best for you. IME experience you will go through nitrate faster than phosphate and potassium even faster still. I prefer to have separate bottles for dosing. You could mix up a generic combined bottle and bottles for individual ferts for balance correction.

I suggest getting the CSM+B for dosing micro nutrients and iron and a potassium mix also. Both of these will result in healthier plants since you are using T5HO lighting. I also use their ultimate GH booster since I use RODI water for water changes.

4. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Ok, this sounds straightforward. I also am dosing Seachem Flourish which I'm assuming is similar to CSM+B. So, it sounds like I need N+P mix in addition to iron and potassium. Damn, this is getting expensive.