Urgent Dropped SPS frag!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by KaiserReef, Jun 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KaiserReef

KaiserReef Plankton

Hello everyone.

I bought a frag plug of SPS not to long ago. I glued the frag onto a piece of live rock and right when i was going to transport it to my tank, the frag fell and shattered into 5 or so smaller pieces! I refragged them onto another rock and I am really concerned about them now... They are currently closed up and are obviously showing signs of stress. What should I do to aid their recovery? :(

2. Click Here!

3. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Maybe a dip in rx coral dip. And feed good with roti-feast

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

A dip should do them good. They should do OK if they are not real small.

5. saltyfresh

Ya I had a bird nest that was small it was free:) but I dropped it down the drain when I was trying to glue to a small rock. I dipped it one a day for two days after then did it once a week for two weeks it looked good from then out left it alone now it is fine. The only reason I did suck a good dip was there was a skimmer cup dumped and then a de greaser was dumped 5 min before.

6. KaiserReef

KaiserReef Plankton

Should it specifically be coralRX or can I just use Iodine?

7. saltyfresh

I live by coral rx it helps with recovery of all kinds of things it is like the merical drug. iodine idk but the rx helps with so many things if I could I would go get my bottle but I can't at the moment

8. Click Here!

9. xavier613

xavier613 Astrea Snail

Iodine will kill spa I'm pretty sure

10. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

dont sweat it. so long as your water is good and it is placed in a good spot that it likes, all the pieces will come back. I have two frags in my tank that started off smaller than my fingernail. one literally the last 1/4" of tip of an acro. glued them to the rocks and they are now encrusted and growing. one has grown almost an inch since October.

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I agree with pickupman. I have had some tiny fragments of sps that have grown. A couple times while fragging I wouldn't get a clean cut and would end up with tiny pieces and would attach them to various rocks and majority would grow. As long as their is polyps on it it should grow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Just hope that we dont start selling acro's by the polyp like some zoas and chalices... whew.. the smallest frag I personaly glued had less than 8 polyps in the 1/4" frag. checked it last night it has fully encrusted over the super glue in 3 weeks time!!!!