Dragon Wrasse in predator tank?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by mdbannister, Nov 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbannister

mdbannister Flamingo Tongue

I'm thinking about putting a dragon wrasse in my predator tank. The tanks current inhabitants are a huma trigger, a velvet damsel, and a snowflake eel. The tank is 120 gallons. My main concern is that I DEFINITELY will be adding a harlequin tusk to the tank as well (which is also a wrasse), and I'm worried about possible aggression. Nothing I have been able to find online suggests that there should be any problems. Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Don't get the Dragon wrasse. Have you seen what they look like as they mature? I'm not so sure a 120 would be big enough for just the Dragon wrasse without adding a HT. Wait and get a good Aussie Tusk.

4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

this is waht live aquaria says

the smallest recomended size is a 125, needs a 2-4 inch sand bed and goes on to say it can be in a agressive tank but recomends it not to be. the snowflake might be an issue later. HTH

5. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

+1,The dragon wrasse as a juvenile is very attractive but the adult is just a big ugly brown fish.