dosing measurement question

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Peredhil, Feb 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Bulk Reef Supply two part kit. I've got my numbers to par.

Where it says recommended daily does.

Predominantly LPS/Softies suggests .2ml

Two questions.

1. That's per gallon per day, right? So with a 55Gallon (total volume) that would be 11ml of Ca solution and 11ml of Alk solution each day - pretty sure that's right but want to double check before I start dosing just in case I'm misreading it.

2. My corals would be predominantly Softies, LPS (see sig) but I'm rather lightly stocked on corals (for now). So I'm thinking maybe that's a bit much for daily dosing... My Ca drops real slow. Drops maybe 20ppm a week. My dKH drops a point in two weeks or so.

So I'm looking for recommendations on a starting point. I plan to start dosing tomorrow via top off water.

And it has me adding them in equal parts... but my weekly tests show that my Ca drops faster than my dKH so I'm wondering if maybe I should dose less Alk solution? Or once you're dosing, it's better to keep them equal because the solution accounts for this?

In any event, I'll use a gallon of them both before I add 20oz Mg.

2. Click Here!

3. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

yes, I just got mine and I am dosing the .6 ml per gallon which equals out to about 30/ml of each. I am having the opposite problem my dkh is dropping faster then my cal. I think you have to do it for a while (the 2 part) before they equalize out. I know it takes time to get the 2 part dialed in.