Dosing hydrogen peroxide along with kent tech M

Discussion in 'Algae' started by horkn, Jan 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Not all mg supplements will kill bryopsis. Tech-M is the one to use. Some suspect it isn't the mg that is killing the bryopsis, but something else in the mix. So, I wouldn't bother with the epsom salts, they may be counter productive. Also, you want to raise the level quickly. Going slow may just acclimate the bryopsis to the mix.

2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I know some people say that any mag will work, but that wasn't my experience. The first time around, I raised it with BRS mag, and nothing happened. Switched to Tech M, and it did the trick. It sucks with a big water volume, but that's the way it is.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, I figure using the epsom first will save a couple dollars. That, and apparently if one were to use epsom salt too much and not going to say mag flake every other time that there are chemistry issues from the epsom first only.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

+1 on using tech M. I read a couple studies (amature of course) where they used tech M, flakes and salt, and just salts in 3 different tanks and only the tech M tank was effectively destroying the bryopsis.

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Definitely. But you can use flake or salts to raise the mag level first then add tech m to get the last few ppm of magnesium.

7. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

so how did this end up turning out ?