Don't Rub Your Eyes After Handling Zoanthids/Palythoa

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, Sep 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

day 42........still no real progress to report. Getting much more used to being 1 eyed and the whole depth preception is getting much better. I dont have to see him for another week so dont know how the healing is coming along. When I look at it in the mirror it appears just the same size, shape etc as before.

I do think that some scar tissue is finally starting to develop. To me, it appears that the vision in the eye is more hazy than before, though i think i am seeing a little bit better. Still very blurry and now like someone has put a cloudy plastic wrap over my head and i am looking through that.

Pain wise, i am not really having much pain anymore. Not sure if that is good or bad honestly. Pain was a good thing as the nerves were healing, but havent really felt anything at all for the last couple days. On bright note, i have been able to go all week without wearing my sunglasses everywhere, even tolerating the fluroscent lights back at work.

Because of the patch I am wearing (it is pointed out in the center as to not touch the eye) i have been unable to wear my glasses. The patch distorts the right eye angle and how i look through them. So I am going to go Saturday and get fitted for a contact in my right eye. Hopefully after this, my headaches will be less as there will be less strain on my good eye.

Found out today that I can not qualify for FMLA as I have not been at the company for at least a year. Basically was told by HR if I need transplant and ahve no vacation days, they can technically fill my position and fire me. They stressed that it doesnt mean that it will happen, just that it could. So hopefully if i need a transplant we can wait until after January 15th when I will be there a year. With that said, i seriously doubt they would fire me for an illness, especially my bosses but...........

hey thanks all for allowing me to rant on here! I know i get wordy but i consider this my therapy

2. Click Here!

3. elwolfe

elwolfe Coral Banded Shrimp

What Cosmo said... I am definitely impressed by how well you are handling this. Glad to hear your recovery is progressing.

1 person likes this.
  4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

well glad to hear that it seems to be better not worse, and sounds like your work might have done this before. really hope your eye gets better.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I'll have to charge you for the full hour, PM'd paypal info. In seriousness though I hope you get good news from your doctors! I'll keep you in my thoughts for a switfter and complete recovery.

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i do have a funny little tidbit..........I had to renew my drivers license last weekend as I turned 39 +1 year this week. I was a little worried about passing the vision part of it (that was all that was required) but figured my 93 year old blind grandma was always able to pass hers. So Curt drives me up to the DMV, I leave my patch off the eye and have my glasses on, thinking I could maybe fool them. They have me do the eye test, and I proudly read off all the letters they had in front of me on this machine

I look up to the lady, actually quite proud of myself! She was like, very good ma'am, but what about the first box on the left. I look back into the machine, ummm what box. Her.......the box on the left that has like 8 letters in it. You telling me you cant see that box at all.
    Ok, time to come clean, ma'am I injured my left eye and am blind in it. She was like........no problem, you will just have a restriction on your license. What restriction? You must have external mirrors on any car you drive. You mean like the side mirrors that are on all cars? Yes......arent those required to pass inspection.......yes. OK!

My drivers license picture on the other hand looks like I had just got out of a fight! Very attractive. My left eye lid is still very droopy and is still swollen and black around the eye. I only have to have this picture for the next four years! :)

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Wonderful, not only do driver's license pictures look bad but know you have to have one that looks like you lost a fight on top of it.

8. Click Here!

9. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

Dont forget therapist's work on a 50 minute hour LOL, friggin jackals

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

well, little down today.......need my therapy! :)
    Went to get my contact for my good eye today. As my opthamologist is out of network, my insurance would not cover me getting glasses/contact from his office. So had to go to another eyecare place. Got the contact and it feels great! It is nice to see again as I was unable to wear my glasses as the eye patch is pointed outwards and distorts my glasses.

Well she wanted to look into my left eye. When I took my patch off she was like, it looks very clear. I have been thinking that hte ulcer had healed so I got a little glimmer of hope. She then looked at it under the scope and without thinking she said, wow that is a massive ulcer! I asked, so is that ulcer still or is it scar tissue. She said, no it is still ulcerated.

I was thinking it was healing or perhaps healed and just scarred. My doctor told me he thought it might be healed when i see him back on Thursday, but apperetnly it hadnt. I can not wait until Thursday when i see him to see if it had even got a little bit smaller then before (to my naked eye, i dont think so) All I know is it doesnt hurt at all anymore. That is why i thought it had healed, now just means my nerves are still dead!!!!

11. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

roid rage is kicking in now. I was doing very well on 60mg pred, tapered down to 40mg, then 30mg then 20..........did fine. Now week 8 down to 10mg and all emotions are all over the place. Tearworks have kicked in, my face is like a round balloon, feet swollen, hands swollen and emotions all over the place. Anger, tears, hunger all the time, pissed, happy, then in tears again. i cant get off them fast enough!!

oh, and my eye still sucks! Go back Thursday and see what to do next

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Hang in there, you should be better once the 'roids have cleared your system. Hopefully there will be some improvement in the ulcer.