Dont know if I have ick or what

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by rtfetch, Nov 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rtfetch

rtfetch Plankton

all specks are not ich where these fish ever seen laying on their side on the bottom of the Aquarium, Or trying to get air by attempting to breathe at the surface. Or swimming up and down in a corner or just hanging infront of a power head or any high water flow area in the tank ?

This was on another post I thought my fish had ick but some of them have been doing what the paragraph above stated for the past couple of days. LFS told us to treat with kordon rid fungus the fish are in a 125g reef tank.The fish have been covered with salt like white spots and they have gone away. The power brown now has small white spots all over its body along with several other fish. The fish are also hanging around the water inlet to tank, like the post above stated. Im wondering if its ich or something else it seems to be getting worse.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. Scubagator87

Scubagator87 Skunk Shrimp

sounds like ich to me; do you have a quarantine tank? In order to treat your fish you should remove them from the display as most remedies are harmful to invertebrates (i.e. reef tanks)

try this site
    Saltwater Fish Disease

they have a chart with different diseases and symptoms. There are probably better ones out there but this is a start

4. Scubagator87

1 person likes this.
  5. Scubagator87

also, tell us everything about your tank....and we mean everything :)

size, live stock, light, flow, water parameters, age...the whole deal

6. rtfetch

rtfetch Plankton

Thanks we set up a qt tank today still trying to catch the fish.The tank with the ich is a 125g 45g berlin sump with protein skimmer, 79 degees 0 ammonia, nitrite 0, nitrates 0 it is only a few months old but we used all live sand and fiji live rock. we never really saw a cycle, slight ammonia is all the first couple of days. some soft corals, doing great. added a sailfin tang and a foxface rabbitfish all went well. added flame angel ,and a couple of clownfish , all went well, THEN the coral beauty angel the problems started a few days later. We learned our lesson even if you have every excuse, always find a way to quarintine if you are still buying and stocking the main tank you can't afford to take the ich chance. I wish I would have listened. We now have a goofy looking tank in the living room and the wife says it looks stupid there but will be happy if it saves the fish (at least her sailfin tang).

7. Scubagator87

well good luck to ya; hope all goes well with treatment