Done

Discussion in 'Coral' started by antonym518, Jul 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Oh I know the shop in Richmond would buy him out lock stock and barrel .

2. Click Here!

3. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

Wish I could get rid of this stuff. it sucks but I have so much going on right now. Its like having another kid.

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

but more expensive, hahaha!

5. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Have you talked to the guy's over at Sailfin's over on Neil street? He wont give you top dollar but I am willing ot bet he would give you a good price on them.

6. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

So, no shipping of the Koralia Nanos? Or does that only apply to the living things?

7. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

I'll buy th whole lot, LR and corals , set a price ? ( want the LR ) but will take the whole lot to get it.

8. Click Here!

9. antonym518

No shipping, sorry.

Sailfin SUCKS. John is an A@# Hole. They will give me hardly nothing cash wise. Ok on the whole thing. PM.

10. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Thats what geek was trying to say.

And i would have to agree that LFS stores will only give you store credit , no cash ( if they were to, it would only be a small amount )

I'm offering 500.00 for the whole lot, LR and all corals/clams, ALL, and will drive to get it.

That might be too low for you to accept, ( i understasnd ) But it'll be outa your hair in less than a few hours, not weeks or months canibalizing the tank , and still having to care for it all.

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Anything over $500 for the livestock just isnt worth it. From what I can tell, theres nothing real special in there thats worth a lot of money. I know you probally payed a lot for it at the LFS, but those big rocks of zoa's are $15-18 wholesale. The real colorful zoa rocks in your tank would retail for about $40-60, anymore then that, then you got ripped off. Im not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but thats how the market is. LFS jack the prices up cause they have a lot of overhead, and when you go to trade something in, they give you 1/3 of the price they would sell it for (for store credit) because thats what the wholesale value of it is, and thats how much they would pay for the exact same piece if they ordered it. Cash price is about 1/4 to 1/5 of what they would sell it for because there is no telling how long they will hold on to it before it sells. The summer is the worst time for LFS's because the people who spend big money on aquariums/supplies have other summertime hobbies they spend money on. So if the LFS is offering you a cash price, you're real lucky on that especially with how the economy is right now.

12. antonym518

500.00 no way. Thanks anyway. If anyone lives near and wants some nice frags, or nicer colonies then they will get in the lfs come see me. Colonies for 50-60$ find that anywhere. Especially in that good of health.