Doing Refugium Service, have a couple questions tho..

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by HappyGillmore, Dec 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HappyGillmore

HappyGillmore Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a 55 gallon refugium, half of it has a dsb with rock and feather dusters, encrusting corals. The other half has macros and mud, Nassarius Snails.

Problem is, Ive lost a Sea hare somewhere in there and I think its dead somehwere in there and causing algae problems and such. I was wondering if i should stir the sand in both sections. Ive heard sand should be aerated but ive also heard that you shouldnt touch your sandbeds if they are in refugiums. There is quaite a bit of creatures living in the sand, esp the mud so I wouldnt want to disturb it. What whould I do?

To aerate or not to aerate?

2. Click Here!

3. HappyGillmore

HappyGillmore Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

nvm, i let a pack of nassarius snails in the sand section and like a lil dogs they are roving around looking for food. I imagine these awesome little guys will find a sea hare carcass in no time. Maybe it got tangled up in the cheato. Thats the only thing I can think of. There is ALOT of cheato in there, a large clump has turned into a dense block that I fear will bust open the tank as it compresses. Ive been harvesting an inch off the top everyday for 3 days so now im getting to the really dense areas. Perhaps Ill come across him in there.