does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

my girlfreind still says she hates the tank but now that it is up and running, for the most part, ill catch her stairing in and watching the crabs and stuff running around,, i dont give her a hard time about it though because then she would make it a point to not look.. and i like her to look. she will come around soon,, now if i can get her to do some of the maintnence.. i think ill stick with her just looking for now lol..

2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

My boyfriend is currently out in the garage while it's snowing and cold building another hood for the tank LOL.

4. kimberlee

kimberlee Flamingo Tongue

My hubby teases me about being a nerd, and looks at me like I'm speaking another language when I start talking about my tank. I have him willing to set up a bio-cube of his own though. I guess that's progress.

5. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

my girlfriend is starting to like the tank more. she still does not admit to it though, she will start to ask questions more often and sit there and watch it with me. it is getting better looking in there all the time, now that i have my two lions, a small cleanup crew and a few pieces of coral. and my sponges have spead and gives it a really good look. she will even show it off to people,,, sometimes.

6. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

Can't find anyone who really gives a crap about my tank.!! They all think im a total dork.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yeah, I am not buying it. :)

8. Click Here!

9. starfish2217

eh well its true. One guy I dated would hardly go to the fish store with me. I have had ONE boyfriend who got enjoyment from it, not like he had his own tank or anything.. but I started the hobby when I was dating him, and he thought it was really cool and was glad it made me happy. But really guys think its a waste of money when they ask how much It costs.

10. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

ya my gf still thinks im a dork half of the time and hates me for talking about it so much the rest of the time.

11. starfish2217

I gave up a while ago about trying to talk about it.. One guy told me that Im speaking another language.. so I just stopped talking.

12. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

she tells me i need to find a fish lover to date. (she is joking,,, i think??)