does your other half hate your hobby?? (tank)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Hunt, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. socal86

socal86 Fire Worm

my wife hates fish wont eat them or anything lol. at first she really didnt care for the idea but now she is really getting into the corals and what not. of course i talk and look up more things than she ever will but we both seem to enjoy it. even thought the cost is way more than expected but well worth it

2. Click Here!

3. fhabercrombie

fhabercrombie Fire Shrimp

This is a great thread lol, my fiance says that she "liked" the 44 gallon tank, but really she didnt but I guess she liked it better than the larger 150 now. Today she actually said are you done adding to the tank now? LoL, she does not like the cost for sure, but I cant really blame her.

She sure loved getting scuba cerified this summer, and being able to swim with the fishes in Mexico, and then this summer as well.

4. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

I'm soo with you on that one =-)

5. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's cheating! :p

My wife isn't into it as much as I am. She calls people that I met through the hobby my "fishy friends", even though they are engineers, homebuilders, business owners, etc.

She doesn't mind how many tanks I have and I'm reasonable with the spending. At the last frag swap, I let her pick all of the corals. Shopping she likes. Neon green Ricordia, Sun Coral, Dendro and a Micromussa. She has good taste in corals! ;D

6. Hunt

Hunt Flamingo Tongue

well its good to see that i am not all alone on this, i think she will like it a lot better when my new tank is up and going all the way. its still a work in progress, at least until after the holidays.. i had to get rid of my reef tank to make room for this one, and my other tank is a fish only. so once i get all the colors back in she will like it better.

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

My GF loves the tank, tries to be involved, and is educated in the hobby. However, she hates how I always want to talk about new products, the amount of money I spend on the tank, and when her mom comes over and asks if something is new that has been in the tank since my 29G.

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Awwwww... I actually feel bad for y'all.

This is where the conferences like MAX and MACNA and IMAC are awesomeness. A whole weekend filled with people who love to talk about it like we do. A bunch of us would met up from all over the world at IMAC and get a booth. It was honestly some of the best times I've ever had.... but of course the best stories came from the after hour "meetings". Security got rich those weekends with bribes :)

10. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

Looks like I am with most of you - the sig. other likes the "look" of the tank and all its critters - but hates the cost when the electric bill that never seems to stop growing comes in every month . . .

11. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

My GF doesn't mind the tank, but she hates how much time & money I spend on it. I get so excited when I get a new fish or a new coral, and try to get her to come look but she could care less. Hopefully when I upgrade my tank from my current 55 to something larger she will catch the bug.

12. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Y'all need to go to the local club meetings and start treating them like the local pub. Lots of people have hooked up at our local one.