Does my Elegance look healthy and happy?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by dumbderk, Apr 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dumbderk

dumbderk Purple Spiny Lobster

How much did that orange tipped one run you, I heard they were quite rare.

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i got it for 90$ something, but it runs about $200+..i got it from jimmie when he had the 50% off sale..so i had to get on that deal..i know for a fact jimmie has had this one for around a year.. and as long as its getting fed, i just feed mine oysterfeast, rotifeast, cyclopeeze...

im with u this is def my priced possession, and never heard of any of the stuff uve been talking about..but as long as u have good water and lighting then it will be fine...they like lower flow, mines in lower flow than the rest of the tank..

4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

you can look up Eric Borneman and Elegance Coral Syndrome. IIRC it seems to be a highly infective internal fungal infection. It is 100% fatal, but starts occurring withing the first months or so. Again, IIRC, it causes them to start stinging themselves and they blow up like a balloon, turn brown and tentacles get very short. On mine the tentacles seem to change length based on flow, light, feeding etc... So, the length alone is not necessarily a concern. Yours is not showing any signs of ECS yet. If it doesn't it is a very easy coral to keep.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. dumbderk

dumbderk Purple Spiny Lobster

I didn't know these things had testicles! LOL ;D

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

So long for spell check :)

7. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

lol thanks for the morning laugh.