does anyone have a green terror

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by mattgeezer, Jan 13, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

picks coming your way in a day or so travis , i cant take him back hes way too cool he is special enough to have his own territory with other south american cichlids ,these electric yellows hes in with at the moment are just picking the **** out of him , i never really had a clue on how psychotic the yellows can be . it seems that they have pretty much territorised the whole tank, so its time for him to move in his own tank 1 us gallon = 3.71 litres :)
    cheers
    matt

2. Click Here!

3. mattgeezer

the guy at the live fish store told me that the terror was from africa !!!!
    i told him he should start over and learn something off 3reef because some info he has given me has a lot left to be desired if you know what i mean. I read up on them and im getting excited as you said they get to 18"..... thats cool:)

4. mattgeezer

if anyone wants to check out my green terror ( photography a bit crappy ...sorry:(

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice pattern on that guy. Looks cool!

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Looks good!! I just sold mine, to make room for my new salt tank. I had him for like 4 years!! Good personality, and down right mean. I had a texas cichlid with him for like a year, then one day the terror had enough of staying on one side of the tank and beat the crap out of the texas!! Lets just say I had to sell him really fast.

Attached Files:

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

PS: he was in a 55g tank ( 208 liters ) with a pair of pictus catsfish. In the pic he is around 10inchs long, and like 1 inch thick, lol. Really cool fish. And will get more territorial as it get older, at first it will be a realy easy going fish, then around 5-6 inchs they seem to get more aggressive. Ive had 3 of them in my FW days. Good luck,

Michael

8. Click Here!

9. mattgeezer

thats one cool fish michael :) im trying to talk my mrs in letting me buy another tank(shes not budging at all:mad: ) bigger one than the 2 ft i was planning to put him in. but now considering putting the africans in the 2ft terror in big tank !!!! the aggression tank ;D ;D ;D add some convicts just to mix it up a bit, ill keep you all posted:)

10. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

11. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:lol: Yea. But mom know best, :hehe: . Mine would fight your face if you got to close to "his" tank. It was so cool. I realy miss him, and with I could find a reef safe fish with that personality. But most the fish ive seen so far will hide, or just wiggle for food and go back to whatever they were doing, :( .

12. mattgeezer

mom knows everything :mad: she should join 3reef , i added 5 new neon tetras today , i believe that their days are numbered as the electric yellows and the terror are rounding them up like a sheep dog does with sheep...lol.