Does anybody recognize me?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Corailline, Oct 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Ok you guys :LolLolLol

If it was someone famous it would have been in the bucket forum.

::)

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

We'll take you though :)

Looks like majano to me too. And I know what you mean about killing them. I have some aiptasia I haven't been able to kill yet because I feel bad about it....but I know if I don't they will take over and destroy my tank.

4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Not if you were an actor, they are all clueless. ;D

I second the mojano. Xtalreef scroll down to mojano there is a nice picture there that looks similar.

Once you blast them the pure joy, slaying aiptasia brings, will make you forget about their little anemone feelings.

1 person likes this.
  5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Ooooo Nice link have not seen that one. Thanks, but that is not it either.

I will take a better picture tomorrow.

;D

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

That is so funny! And SO true!
    Peppermint shrimp took care of mine. I tried Aiptasia X but there were some that I could not reach.

Taking the peppermint out of the DT could be very tricky though. KC, get rid of them!!!

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I also believe they are Majano nems

Ill be honest and say I had one in my reef tank for a couple of years, it never bothered me so I never bothered it , if it had become 2 or more, I would have probably dealt with it, but IME (and my experience may be different from any number of other peoples) the Majano I had did not spread

now Aiptasia , was a different matter , 1 becomes 6 becomes 20 before I knew where to start with removing those pest nems

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

They don't look like majanos to me and I have unfortunately had a lot of experience with those little buggers. Doesn't look like an octocoral or an aiptasia either. Sorry I can't help you with a positive id but at least we can count those three out :D

10. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

He's a she!She posted in the "who are you"thread with a pic,so no Matt Damon for you!;D.

I have 2 "polyps" that look like yours and was told as well that they were majanos,they have not spead and i have not killed them,there acually a cool shade of green,but i'm just going off of anothers opinion,so no positive id here either.

11. john1948

john1948 Feather Duster

Definitely a Majano Anemone. Bristle Tail File fish will eat them, however, once the Majano are gone will pick on other corals in the tank. I also saw somewhere (U-Tube I think) that you can inject white vinegar into their mouths (with a syringe) and they will die off. Good luck.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator