Does anybody make their own food?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by geekdafied, Jun 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I started to do blender mush and then I discovered rods food. it's expensive but saves alot of trouble and the ingredient list is HUGE

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Considering what I made cost like $8 to do and I know exactly whats in it, not what somebody told me or what a label says. Fish/coral food is not regulated by the FDA, so they dont have to be accurate with the labels. Im not saying Rod is doing that though. Ive spoke to Rod on a number of occasions. I was tempted to try his product but opt'd to go my own route.

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

i'm stuck with frozen PE Mysis.. not that it's a horrible thing but I'd love to do my own food but the wife trips out over it and noone here carries Rod's Food as I've wanted to try it for some time =\

ok I just added nothing to this conversation but hey I feel better :smartass2

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I wound up making a lot more then I thought... If you got a weigh to come up with some dry ice, Ive got some extra, lol.

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

grocery stores here sell dry ice but it's a shorter trip for me to go to KC and buy Rod's than it is to drive to Tennessee 8)

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I was thinking more on the lines of shipping it, hahaha!

8. Click Here!

9. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

i use the pappone method of feeding, have been for awhile.

10. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

No biggy, just talked to a dude that owns one of the LFS' here, none of them will order Rod's for me but I found a place in OKC which I go to OKC all the time anyway for work since I have an office there that is going to begin stocking it fulltime once they finish their relocation.

This place here in town said they have a no-name brand food that's nearly identical to Rod's so I'm going to go bye and check it out tonight after work

11. conjuay

conjuay Feather Duster

tonight I tried something scary, I bought a dozen oysters, shucked them and threw them in the food processor, juice and all. I heard that corals love the liquid in shellfish, but I suspect that it is high in phosphate. Anyway, added too much food(as usual). But everybody seemed to enjoy fresh oysters.

12. fishfanantic

fishfanantic Astrea Snail

does your mom use pesticide, insecticide, fertilizers or any other chems....?