Doa?

Discussion in 'Aqua SD' started by BradJo9, Apr 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

I bought a frag pack from them because I liked the ultra rainbow monti and my wife wanted the sunset monti. There was very little water in the bags and the sunset was dead on arrival but they insisted that I put it in my tank. I used coral revive dip for 10 min on each piece and today when I got home the rainbow was crawling with little tiny bugs. They did not have any other Rainbow monti. He told me that they had no red bugs and that he would only give me another piece if I ordered another whole order. Then he offered to refund 10$. SO I am out the coral that I wanted in the first place and now I have red bugs

2. Click Here!

3. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

That stinks man....its bad enough you didnt get what you want and they wont help you out....but now you have bugs with it!!!!

I would call back and see what else they can do!

4. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Considering they're 3reef sponsors...

[​IMG]

Seriously though,

This is the first negative review I've read about them.. Sorry for the bad luck

1 person likes this.
  5. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

I noticed a few stars on my corals and some nuisance algae when I got them as well. Nothing a pocket knife couldn't remove in short order though.

Also, best practice is to dip all of your SPS corals in an iodine dip before putting in your tank, and QTing. I hear Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure is the way to go with this. I don't know much about the dip you used, myself.

I know some people, myself included, don't have a QT tank as of yet, so I've been doing an iodine dip, rinsing with tank water, and then adding to tank. I think now that i'd like to get some more SPS pieces, I'm going to set up a QT tank so I can hit them with interceptor as well before putting into my Main tank. There's some good articles out there if you look for SPS dips and QT on google.

I fully expect hitch-hikers on any frags I get. It's probably a good idea to assume so anyways.

At least you got your 10$ back.

6. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Sorry to hear about the issue but are you sure that you got "red bugs" from the order? I know you might feel a little ripped off but it's best to be sure before you make public statements about a company.
    Red bugs are Acropora pests and would have no reason to be on a monti skeleton. Are you sure you just aren't seeing some kind of pod that might be cleaning up a little decaying tissue from the dying/dead coral?

I'm not sure about their refund/guarantee conditions, I don't see anything on their website so you might be lucky they're offering you the $10, even though that's unfortunate. I personally wouldn't order from a place without a well understood, thorough guarantee.

7. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Here's their guarantee policy: AQUA-SD *****

and I've only read great reviews of this place. Sorry about your bad experience.

10. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Red bugs are similar to copepods, they live on acros but can hitchhike in on any coral if they have been in a tank / system with red bugs. They aren't the end of the world, obtain interceptor and bomb the tank with that. It may (probably) kill your hermits but everything else will be fine. Sorry to hear of your troubles, that stinks and hopefully the make it right. There's two sides to every story and then the truth in the middle - I'm interested to hear what AquaSD has to say.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry for your experience but there are a lot of variables to sort out. I will not speak for them, but couldn't these bugs have been there and took the opportunity to feast on your dead coral? I don't know. Just saying there are a lot of angles and telling people 'not to buy' was your decision to make, but may not be others. That said, you need to sort this out with them at this point.

Yes they are. Look on the sponsor forum. They are new and I have manually updated their profile to reflect sponsorship right now.

I will send this to them so they can sort this out with you.

matt

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There are two sides to every story so I moved this thread to their forum to respond if they want to. I will say this. Unless you were holding a magnifying glass or microscope, you didn't see red bugs. I've also shipped animals in a damp paper towel and Oxygen so the lack of water doesn't mean anything to me either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.