Do you have a wavemaker?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 29, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you have a wavemaker?

1. Yes!

29.7%
  2. No.

40.6%
  3. I want to get one.

29.7%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I have a turbelle pump on a controller.. but some day I'd live to have a wave2k or some kind of surge on a bigger tank. What do you have?

2. Click Here!

3. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

I don't have one. I want one.

4. Monacle

Monacle Skunk Shrimp

5. ardo_ski

ardo_ski Peppermint Shrimp

Ocean Motion Closed Loop

[​IMG]

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I have one but I'll be damned if I know what manufacturer it is. I'll have to look at it when I get home :)

7. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

The SCWD cutting back a forth thru the maxi mods seem to work good and its cheap.

8. Click Here!

9. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I am doing 2 mj1200's on 10sec timers and then a 3rd going across the bottom back to create a undertow behind the rock work to keep debres out. It goes on and off every 20 sec which mixes up things well. I do not consider that a waver maker though.
    I almost got the wave2k but then read some bad things about it. Maybe I should create my own out of toilet bowl parts.

10. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

Toilet bowl parts, If the Tiddy Bowl Man only knew!!!!!

I had the SCWD on for a little bit but did not like the over hanging tubing for I used flex tube. I am looking at drilling my tank but have no where to put all my fish while i am doing that. I guess I could just hard pipe the SQWD and see how it goes. Any suggestion out there for a 90gal AGA with mega overflow! Maybe an external pump with SQWD on a CLS?

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not sure I can recommend the SQWD - mine always jammed... Covey how'd you get around that?

12. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have a Red Sea Wavemaster Pro on each of my 2 tanks. They work great on Maxijet and Viaqua powerheads and work 4 pumps each. I use 3 maxijet 1200s on the wavemaster controler and have a seio powerhead running without timer. Between 3 maxijets, 1 seio 820 the return from my sump and another mag pump on my remora pro I have plenty of current in my 55 gallon tank : ). The corals love it for the most part. I have to place my LPS corals carefully or they are not happy with all the current. I just adjust the flow direction just right so the LPS corals still open nice and big but are moving alot in the current hehehehe. Got to keep that detritous in suspention so it gets skimmed or goes to my sump to get the filter sock .