Do you have a lot of light over-spill from your aquarium light?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you have a lot of light over-spill from your aquarium light?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

39.7%
  3. Not any more!

4.8%
  1. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

I've actually had the neighbors ask me whats going on in my house because at night its the only house on the street thats has a bright blue glow from my MH's on the tanks in the living room comming out the windows.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Cars slow down when they drive by my house when the shades are up. And I won't even mention how hard some folks crane their necks to look past me when they're out trick-or-treating with their kids :lol:

4. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

i have to move my tv and tank away from each other so i can see the tv better

5. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

the first time geoff sent me over there i had no idea where i was going...If it werent for the blue hue shining through the front windows i dont think i would have found the place so easily!

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I'm sure that the local po-po would love to peek through our windows, assuming they haven't already :D

7. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Ha! I bring all my Tropical plant in for the winter every year and put them in the Utility room which just happens to be behind my garage. There is one window that is kind of visible from the street at least the glow was. Me and my several of my neighbors have at best a strained relationship due to the fact that I had 2 teenage boys and well boys being boys...you know what I mean.

After about 2 years or having the grow lights on "BLAZE" for 14 to 16 hours a day all winter long I got a knock on my front door. It was the local Fuzz! They told me that there had been a complaint that I was growing Wacky Weed in my utility room (h*ll I wish), in fact to be specific someone saw me harvesting it through the window. (Again, h*ll I wish)

They then asked if they could take a look in my utility room, and since they were so nice about it I took them on the grand tour... As they left they both apologized and said I won't be bothered again and left. Needless to say I haven't been bothered ever since about anything at all. LOL

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Gotta love that type of neighborly treatment :D

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Gazog I had the same thing happen my cross street buddy was a real friend we had a City Cop to move into our area 2 doors down from me and right across from Rob. Now Rob puffed and all he could get :) he and the city cop got to be friends , We are in Chesterfield Co. He had no authority but he asked Rob what does he do in that room ? I had at that time a 750 and 280 about 18 M/H and 20 VHO's I had a 2 ton A/c for that area .. Rob said ?? he won't let anyone back there ...
    I have asked him all he said was he had a fish tank ??? Damn Cops are worse then old ladies gossiping and suspect everyone and never are not a damn cop .. on 24/7 even at home .. He used to find excuses to get on my deck :) almost killed him to find out , Asked me one day whats all that light about ? I said I have a fish tank ! He asked to see it ? I said well I don't like anyone back there really LOL Awwwhhh come on let me see the fish tank .. Nope get a warrant LOL Drove the SOB crazy I let him see it a few weeks later he said he had talked to some county Cop buddies already LOL they showed up .. the day before and laughed their asses off much like your flower cops Never trust a Cop.. ::)

11. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

LOL, GREAT stories guys!! I've wondered if the po-non suspect me, but all they would have to do is peek through my front window and see. It does look like I'm growin the herbs though! I do have both a county cop buddy and a city buddy and especially the city cop is very cool, but I agree most aren't.

BACK to the topic at hand (sorry Matt!) I have a bad halo, I've posted on ways to fix it to no avail... I have some aluminum but don't want to heat things up. I might try it and let everyone know what happens of it, unless someone has a better idea...

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I have some "over spill" but I dont see the problem(if any) with it. It lights up the living room and at times I dont even turn on the lights(LR lights). Luna