Do i need to get all my LR befor my first fish?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Dasco, Mar 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

LoL that was not my speculation whatsoever! My message CLEARLY stated that as a newb, I felt Dasco was being completely responsible. If I felt EVERY newb was irresponsible, then I wouldn't have said what I originally said.

2. Click Here!

3. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

ok, fair enough......... I didnt mean to threadjack, sorry dasco. Back to the regularly schedules program.

4. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

thanx ill check it out. Ya get some pics one here for sure.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Naw, I was just saying that a mated pair would break the one fish per addition rule (in my rule book at least). I was just using the mated pair as an example of when it is OK to rush things in terms of adding livestock. But adding a mated pair or creating a mated pair is a whole different subject that can wait for another thread. I do not want to dilute this one by creating a tangent.

6. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

cool thanx for the info man, im gunna wait on the clowns for another 4-5 weeks so ill start up a new thread when i buy them. but thanx every one for the help. i have learned alot.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I tell ya dude. I couldn't have done it without this site. Well, I could have.....but there would have been lots of fish/coral death, algae problems and tons of money spent where it didn't need to be. And my tank wouldn't have looked near as nice. Stick with us man.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

deff will do.

10. Meekel1

Meekel1 Astrea Snail

I also agree with most, however in regards to using damsels to cycle, i don't know. It really depends on what type of tank your setting up, FO or reef?? damsels of all types especially blue can be very territorial and will make it stressful for any new fish you add to the tank. also they can be nearly impossible to remove from the tank without removing most of your rock. explore your options, good luck!!

11. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

Ya im deff not going to get any damsel fish to cycle, i would like my fish to be as peacefull as can be. and i can wait till after my cycle to get any fish.

1 person likes this.
  12. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

defitinatly wait then this will give you time to reserch what you want.