Do i need to get all my LR befor my first fish?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Dasco, Mar 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Yes that's right. And actually some clowns, like GSM, are a lot MEANER than any damsel I have seen. The difference is they keep their aggression aimed at other clowns. Whereas damsels get aggressive toward any other fish, not just other damsels. Especially as they get older.

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Oh, no, no, no:eek:....never.....I was refering to the adding fish after the tank is cycled. One cheap damsel. Yellow-tail is my damsel of choice. Sorry that was unclear.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

e 'tu nemo :huh2:

5. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

ok so your sayin after the 4-5 weeks of cycling and peramiters are 0 then you can add fish, and then if i want to add 2 clowns they have to be paired and that may be expensive?

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

it depends upon the clowns in question. perculas false or true are fairly peaceful. and will be ok as long as one fish is a juvenile.

edit: just make sure the clowns you get are young, if its a agressive species add them both at the same time

7. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

Thanks alot man, that info is very helpful to me.

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

This comment right hear cracks me up :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Its people that make comments like that one that make new people not want to be here.... Not everyone understands the entire process, and perhaps it hasnt came to mind that they come here for help, not ridicule?? Either way, dont mean to thread jack, that just cracked me up! Way to go on the decision to wait on the clowns. I would agree.

10. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

:confused: I'm not entirely sure what about my comment would make any new person not want to be here...?

When you've been doing this for as long as I have, then you may have room for saying something. Until then, you have no idea what you're talking about. My comment wasn't ridiculing anyone. Maybe you're still a little irked about the advice I was trying to give you about the damsels you put in your tank? *Shrug* ::)

Often times newbies will come on here looking for answers, they will get the answers, and despite that, still decide to do things their own way. Like stock a 30 gallon with a tang or put a butterfly fish in a 3 week old tank or buy a manderin dragonette with 5lbs of live rock. All the while saying "I'm sure it will be fine." THAT'S the irresponsible newbie I was talking about and that many people here know oh-so-well. So next time, get the facts and then you can tell me about what I'm doing. Thanks.

11. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

Hey brandon, go read your message. You are speculating that every newb is irresponsible. Im not mad about your advise one bit. In fact it hadnt crossed my mind honestly.

12. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I got some dry rock from John at reefcleaners.org and it is awesome rock and a good price. Since you already have live rock just add this it will be live rock in a few months. He sent me some nice size shelfs and just an all out good deal. Look at his site and see what he has to offer. You wont regret getting rock from him. I will try to get pictures tomorrow and post em here and you can see whatcha think...