DIY wet/dry/refugium

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by R34dawn, Nov 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Thanks again! yup I've always put the lip on them, btw is not all the way down inside it where I was washing out residue..... and dead bugs...lol

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

how loud is this thing gonna be, I was just thinking about that, it has a possible long way for water to fall

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

not to bad, as long it don't gurgle I like the water fall sound, some people pay money to buy those waterfall relaxing pictures...lmao but I will have a lot of media to avoid excessive waterfall effect...lol

5. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Well finally working and under the display! I had to do some adjustments, but every thing is working fine now, thank you every one for all the comments and ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now it's Miller time, Hamms or what ever it is....lmao

1 person likes this.
  6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Hamms;) Nice work 34......

1 person likes this.
  7. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Thanks Casey! I will post another pic when the light come on, I didn't wanted to disturb nothing else, I fell as sleep on the photo period yesterday...lol, so when the lights on the display came on today, I set the fuge timer to come one about 1/2 hour before the display light go out

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Keep us posted on any changes in water chemistry. What are your nitrates/phosphates going into this?

10. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

lol...I haven't even check them yet, but every seem to be ok, you know how you have 1 or 2 specimens that let you know when something it's going awry!?! the pagoda and my hammer are looking really good...so far, but I will be doing some tests soon I will keep every one inform, I also had to add 5g of freshly made sw and add another 2-1/2 to 3g top off
    to archive the right water level. Ahhh! almost forgot, I believe the amphipods, isopods, coepods and every other pod that I had didn't make it luckily I don't have anything that requires it on their diet.

11. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

the only change I think is due to the top off water, Ca=420, Dkh=8º, salinity=1.021 and Mg=1200, I check the No3, & Po3+4 prolly tomorrow

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

looks good man, yeah the water hitting those pads will kill any serious noise, I like the waterfall sound a bit also but the wife hates it so why I'm so into making silent tanks :) loudest thing in mine is the skimmer pump and thats just all sedras are a bit noisey

Looks good though man great fit in that stand