DIY light mount for Tao Tronics led

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by salsalito25, Jun 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Awesome they are a nice small tank that you can pack a kewl punch sea life in thats for sure..!!

You have a tank thread i would like to see..?

Best of luck..!!

2. Click Here!

3. lanceh1

lanceh1 Plankton

mounts

Do you think this could support (2) light units over a longer span? I am starting a 140 gal 60"x20" tank. With a longer strip in (possible angle l shape).

4. fetta

fetta Astrea Snail

nice project been trying to figure a way to support mine but not sure if that would work on a longer spread or not. but anyhow nice project

5. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Hey guys sorry for the delay i have since moved from my old house in Ashtabula ohio to marengo Ohio. Wich i like 20 min from Westerville, ohio if anyone knows where that is.

But to get to yor ?'s tryin to put 2 led fixtures on the span of the 60 inch tank i would not trust this set up. Now being said Same 2 Fixtures on 2 diff mounts set ups in stead of left to right long ways go front to rear. Mite not be as eye a pealing as left to right but a option.
    The mounting legs are plastic and after you drill them you take away from the strength of them a little and then if you stretch them out to 60" with 2 heavy leds something will give. Unfortunatly costing you more in the long run.

I know i jumped around a bit here am sorry and i hope this helps.
    Any question please feal free to drop me a line.

BEst of Luck

Happy reefing

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I just noticed this thread.

I have this model LED's hung from a hanger x 2 on my 125.

But, this looks great! Nice work!

Btw, how's your tank doing now with all the light?

7. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

LOL i just noticed you commented on this..

Been busy I have..

Anyways my tank has taken of since the addition of the new lights. Sadly I had to trade out to of my big corals for they have out grown my tank. One big Frogspawn and a Big Millipora colony. But they went to a good home theres a Coral frag farm near me in New Albany, Ohio and they took Great care of me. And hooked me up with a Blue squamosa clam if i remember rite. Along with a few SPS or course a few $$ was exchanged. lol when i get a chance and my camera is working properly I will post a few new pics. !

Best of Luck..!!

8. Click Here!

9. ifrizk

ifrizk Astrea Snail

great diy light setup!

10. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

1 year and change update.. Since the addtion of these leds along with countless cat encounters and carnage. The led mount holds solid..!! Some corals reacted so well I had to Trade in and get smaller corals. Other corals (pics to Come) I thought were gonners have grown so well with these light its not funny.

Best of Luck..!!

Happy reefing..!!