DIY Kits from Aquastyle Online ??? (China)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Gillguy, Jun 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

the have a 48 led setup ? didnt see that on the site?

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

It looks great! I'm not seeing much if any sps but the lps and softies all look like they are very happy.

It would be awesome if you could get a Quantum meter under them.

4. Bustopher

Bustopher Skunk Shrimp

USA brands? All the LEDs and components are made in China. The US places just buy from China in bulk then make them into "kits".

The markup seemed a little high for me and has been the only thing holding me back from making a DIY for my 40B. I was planing on 48 but all they offer is 36 or 72. May just get (2) 24 kits.

I think I can get access to a par meter. I will probably order these with the next paycheck.

5. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

These look increditable..I was thinking of getting 90LED+heatsink though I am not sure how any I would need. My tank is 72in long and the longest heatsink is 15in. So i was thinking maybe 3-4 heatsinks. That would roughly mean 23 LEDs per heatsink.

Think that will suffice or would it be wiser to order more LEDS

ty

-Shrek

6. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

Gillguy, I'm glad to hear that your tank is doing great with these LED lights. I am always sceptical about buying something from overseas.
    Anyway, I am thinking about getting some for my 40 breeder. Would a kit like yours, the 36 and 2 heat sinks be good for my tank, or would it be overkill?
    Any thoughts from anyone?

7. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

8. Click Here!

9. Gillguy

Gillguy Plankton

link248, I'm assuming your 40 gallon breeder tank is 36" x 18" x 16". If those are the dimensions then the 36 kit with two heatsinks will be perfect.

reefmonkey, I'm so confident in the LEDS that I just added two SPS today. Purple monti and orange encrusting monti. Lets see how they grow. They are directly under one of the heatsinks about 12 inches under the water surface and 24 inches under the LEDS.

Foreverfishy, you could get the 72 kit with four of the 24 inch heatsinks. Eighteen LEDS on each heatsink. Two heatsinks on each side of tank.

Here is a pic of the Monti's under full lights, LEDS and T5's.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I think you hit a home run with this one. I was skeptical after reading the data sheets but it's obvious the LPS and softies are getting what they need.
    Anxious to see what the monti's do. :)

11. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

12. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

$303 for the 72 led kit with 2 7 x 15 heatsinks and free fans shipped which means im ready to build and hang but the thing is...he did 40 leds with T5's, i dont want t5's so im a little worried that it wont be enough for 72bowfront with sps..its 21" deep

there is so many cheap led grow panels that claim to be for coral reefs now has anyone attempted these things ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/120-WATT-AQUARI...086?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56458b201e

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011