DIY Kits from Aquastyle Online ??? (China)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Gillguy, Jun 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ejv1013

ejv1013 Plankton

Hello

Hi, I am new to this site, and the hobby ;D. The site is awesome, and I love this thread. I have read the whole thing and is been very informative, but I would like to know a few things because I am very interested in these fixtures. I was looking to get 120 led's with 3 of the big heat sinks, and 30 lights on each heat sink to put over my 90 gallon to have a good amount of light, and no dark areas do you think this is a good idea? Another thing is that I have read that the drivers are cheap on these, but to be honest I don't even know what drivers do :-[ .. So I would like to see if someone can enlighten me on the topic. Another thing is if is true that they are no good which drivers do you recommend? Also which led light combination will be best for optimum coral growth? I want to build a multiple reef with some SPS mostly Lps and softys and polyps but I would like to have the option to be able to put a few Sps. I would also like to have a clam some where down the line ;).

2. Click Here!

3. ejv1013

ejv1013 Plankton

4. turbokimmees

turbokimmees Astrea Snail

Hello, I been looking to do the same here for my 65G deep tank. I'm running an old 250W MH with 2 90W Blue Actinic. One of the PC went dead and the MH is now over a year old. Looking to get a 36 DIY Kit. Will that be enough? I only have a few softy as of now.

I bought one of the LED fixture off the ebay (BEAMS WORKS 36" LED) and thought it would be enough but I was wrong. This will not cover whole tank and the tank start to turn green.

So....wonder if 36LED will be enough? or should I just get the 72LED kit?

Thanks

5. jay carter

jay carter Plankton

yes!!

order just arrived and even came packed with extras i did not include to keep the price down. also came with a bulb tester to make sure all the led's were in working order before gluing them to the heat sink. all in all i'm impressed total ship to door time was about one and a half weeks. that's Hong Kong to Jacksonville Florida i might add. now i gotta go put this thing together which by the way looks pretty easy if you are solder savoy.......and i am indeed! total outta pocket price for my small 14 led- 10 10,000k whites and 4 royal blue's kit was 94.00us!! stop researching and pull the trigger folks

6. turbokimmees

turbokimmees Astrea Snail

I decided to go with rapid led 36 diy kit with extra 8 uv kit. I Should have the whole thing put together by this week :) I also have a 12 g nano......I might try aquastyle...next.

7. szrazzt

szrazzt Purple Spiny Lobster

I've got 80 LEDs over my 125 gallon and it is really bright. My shrooms are not all that happy high up in the tank but my birds nest is growing great. My Zoas are thriving and look much much better. I've got a hammer coral that is growing well also but it took about 6 weeks to adjust to the higher light. I went from a 6x54 watt T5 setup to these.

8. Click Here!

9. FyrFytr

FyrFytr Astrea Snail

New to the hobby (check my post count) and have been doing a LOT of reading and posting on other forums just haven't gotten around to posting a lot here.

I was keyed into Bridgelux on a local (Dayton, Ohio) reef member when I posted about some eBay LEDs I saw. The comment there was that the Bridgelux were not as good as the CREE ones, but for the price you could easily add LEDs to make up for it and still be under the price for CREE. What people there were saying was that for the money you couldn't beat it, and I am getting the impression that is what is being said here in this forum.

LED project in process on 28g nano

When I get to building my 55gal I am pretty sure I will be going with Bridgelux

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

The 10k whites aren't very good, nor is the w/b ratio

11. FyrFytr

FyrFytr Astrea Snail

so then what do you recomend?

12. judgedread

judgedread Astrea Snail

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012