DIY Kits from Aquastyle Online ??? (China)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Gillguy, Jun 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

for those who got them, please post pics, it would be nice to see how your corals were growing before and after receiving the new LEDS

2. Click Here!

3. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I was thinking the same thing....get this kit then add in Crees in predesignated spots when you got enough for that circuit.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  4. RPM1

RPM1 Fire Worm

Just got mine done and working today on my new (5 month old) 150. It's the 90 LED kit.

Attached Files:

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Looks good, did you get the dim able kit and if so are they on at 100%?

How many heatsinks and what dimension(s)?

6. chappy85

chappy85 Coral Banded Shrimp

^+1

also, what mix of leds did you use? 1cw:1rb?
    any reds/uv? and if so, do they add anything positive in your oppinion?
    are you happy with the build quality of the drivers?
    can we get some more pics of the light unit and some closer shots of how your tank looks under it?

almost ready to buy SOMETHING, but all the options atm are doing my head in! haha

7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Coming soon, my monster frag tank build utilizing Bridgelux and CREE LEDs. Moving this weekend, so maybe next week sometime.

8. Click Here!

9. Gillguy

Gillguy Plankton

Wow, I never imagined that asking a question about a new product would generate 14 pages on the thread. I think it's great because the more information we share and discuss makes us all more informed.

Looks good RPM1, now let's get some corals in there.

10. pwreef

pwreef Astrea Snail

I got mine a few weeks ago and put it together. I chose not to buy the drivers he supplies and used Inventronics so that I can dim them automatically with my Reefkeeper Lite ALC. I asked for extra LEDs and the large heatsinks because I wanted more spread. In total my setup runs 56 LEDs 14 per string up to 700 ma. I have 1 red and one UV on each heatsink. The UV ones are useless IMO. You need like 10 of them to see a difference. I am using the Reefekeeper moonlights that you see in the picture. The tank shot is not color accurate obviously as I took it using 6500K custom WB setting. The 40mm fans that you see are the ones the AS sent me that were too small for the heatsinks, so I used some thermally controlled 80 mm computer fans. The LED's run very cool though, not even sure that the fans are required. I found that the drivers get too hot inside the project box and decided to use the fans they sent me to cool the power supply. As you can see I don't have much corals so I cannot comment on how they respond. I am waiting to find someone in NYC area with PAR meter I can borrow. Subjectively this is much brighter than my old 150W MH + 2 x 65W PC Coralife Aqualight Pro. Its also much brighter than the 24" Acan fixture I saw at LFS. I do feel that the whites are too white. I like to see more reds/yellows in my tank so I will probably replace some with warm/neutral white.

Attached Files:

11. milkman

milkman Plankton

Which Inventronics driver did you use and how many LED's did you hang off each driver? I have an Apex and thinking the same thing on the dimming vs. the manual dimming.
    Also a little worried about the cheap looking drivers, but they may be just fine.

I was looking at doing a mix 90 LED's over my 120 gal 4x2x2. What I read says on the Bridgelux, its closer to 50/50 white/blue vs. more blue LED's with Cree. Planning to use four - 4 ft U channel in a lightweight canopy with three fans to replace my 8 bulb TEK T-5.
    I was going to remotely mount the drivers on a board under the tank in the cabinet and have nothing up top, but the rails and the fans. Any suggestions appreciated.

I have a ready built 55 LED Bridgelux (running at 2W each) fixture from Reef Filtration over my frag tank and like the Bridgelux LED's. Lights the 45 gal with one fixture.

Looking for suggestions on mix of the Bridgelux LED's to get somewhere around 18K look. Not quite as blue, but a little more than the 14k which is what my current fixture is set for.

12. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

im about to order the 90 kit for my 150... im gonna use 3 heatsinks with 30 leds on each one...