DIY Fishtrap

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by omard, Sep 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1bigdog

1bigdog Astrea Snail

trap

I did pretty much the same thing with the bottle, the only difference was I cut the top off a 1 litre bottle about 4 inches down the inverted the top into the bottle, cut slits in the bottom of the bottle added food after not feeding for 2 days, and with in 5 min fish same in and did not swim out

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I am trying to employ this technique for catching a hitch hiker crab... Too bad I am not trying to catch my peppermint shrimp, they have gone in and stole my bait three times.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Looks like it worked great!

Is that a copper wire you're using with white insulation? :eek:

I will have to try one of these.

5. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

thanx omard....This looks loke it will work on the sally lightfoot issue I'm have'n :p

LG

6. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Was that Flame having fun with the corals? I've just know this the cleaner wrasse, I love to have one of those again :/

7. HeiHei29er

HeiHei29er Gigas Clam

This worked like a charm! I had five fish that I couldn't catch with a net, and I've got three of them so far using this. The only mod I have is a feed tube (air line) coming down through a hole in the back end rather than a nori clip. I use a piece of rubble to weight it down and keep the power heads from moving it all over the place on me. Used some 50 lb monofilament fishing line for the string to pull it closed.

It's saved me ripping apart my rock work to catch these fish. I'll get the other two in the next day or so as they get a little hungrier.