DiversDen Exposed!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by RedGambit, Apr 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I think there are four or five this year, i forget, they have them posted in their retail store.

2. Click Here!

3. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

Great post and writeup.....I would have loved to have gone and seen something like that.

Are they taking the show on the road;D?

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

lol I dunno, would be interesting to see them attend aquatic shows as a vendor. Maybe someone should suggest that ::)

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

lol Thanks... The corals arent to thrilled with it, I fell asleep running the Full system by accident for a few hours, Woke up and the new clam was closed... Woops :|

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Looks like it was fun. I love their facility.
    Great finds too.
    I've mastered falling asleep with my lights on. No worries. I do have a timer but just no energy to set it lol;)

7. readmeli

readmeli Plankton

Other answers

Hi,

I work at Drs. Foster & Smith/LiveAquaria and am their Social Media coordinator for LiveAquaria. I can answer a few burning questions here. :)

1) We are not holding the coral conference for several reasons. 1st, it was a large investment for us and the economy has not picked up enough for us to be able to invest that much into it. 2nd, we feel we started a good thing and now that so many reef clubs are doing the same, we think the clubs should continue to do so. We support any and all club swaps with contributions as much as we can! In an effort to still have great folks like yourself come visit the facility (and BUY out of the facilily, which you could never do at one of our conferences) - we're holding these open houses and hope you all can come (as many times as you want!).

2) We have attended several of the "larger" hobby shows, but due to economic restraints, we've had to cut back. :-( We do plan on being at MACNA though, which should be awesome since it is in Orlando!

3) We are holding 3 more open houses this year - June 19, August 14, November 13. Sign up for any of them by emailing [email protected] - or visit this page for details: Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility Open House Information

4) Many other questions can be answered by visiting our "Online Tour" page here: About our Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility, which includes video's of much of the facility!

Any other questiosn I will do my best to answer. And yes, Kevin is a very difficult man to find. LOL!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. MoonChaser

MoonChaser Aiptasia Anemone

Thank you Readmeli for clearing up a couple of those questions for us! It is great that you were able to see this post and help us out

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great write up Eric and love the pics - I remember the ads for that Rk2 skimmer - what a beast! Thanks for asking my questions - I love that they can make a little money with that generator. And congrats on that light - what a score!

Thanks for the info and joining 3reef. I'd love to check out your open-houses.

11. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Thanks! And welcome to 3reef.com!

Anyone Who is willing to drive to take the tour, IT is well worth it! But of a suggestion if you see this for the future, maybe take smaller tours. or split the group in Half maybe and start On different ends! It was very crowded and hard to hear with all the water and chatter! That would be my only suggestion though :)

12. readmeli

readmeli Plankton

@RedGambit - thanks for the suggestion. We love suggestions! That is definitely something we have pinpointed to improve on. :)