divers den ourchase done!

Discussion in 'Clams' started by cosmo, Jan 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

DD deletes the images about an hours or two after purchase. Its lame.

2. Click Here!

3. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I'm quite familiar with LA and DD. Live Aquaria doesn't delete the "images," they remove the listing of the item from Diver's Den immediately after it's purchased. However, if you have a link to the item, the page still exist for an additional 1-2 weeks.

Here's an example of a Red Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish that I purchased from DD two days ago.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversde...ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

you caught me, i cheated! I didn't save a copy of the link as i should've! i thought my order email would let me link to the pic's but it doesn't! anyways:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/clams/quick-opinion-gonna-order-soon-divers-den-yeah-128742.html

I got Derasa #1, then a blue maxima(just found a pic real close to it!) and the SPS 5 frags is all from DD but its a surprise type thing as to what you get! kinda nervous about that, but after a few orders, kinda trust them!

Really wish they'd give ya links with your order email, but oh well! i should've maybe stated what was DD and LA, it was late, i had some beers, and had trolled for 5 hours looking for better prices, but DD was actually cheaper than anybody with the free shipping, basically got a clam free!

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

cool fish! so did you just save that link prior to purchase? Kinda feel like they should warn you that you don't get a copy!

7. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Either that, or I look back in the mailing listing. I'm subscribed to DD's mailing list. Each day, between 1:30-1:40pm EST, the Sneak Peak is sent. Between 6:00-6:30pm EST, those items go live. 95% of what I purchase, is from Foster & Smith and I never purchase less than what qualifies for free shipping. Along with the the Red Fuzzy, I purchased a 6-8" Vlamingii and a Fu Manchu. Unfortunately, the Fu arrived DOA. =\ He was actually the item that prompted the order. He was poorly packaged IMO. Both Vlamingii and Fu Manchu were from LA's wholesaler in CA.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx for the heads up! Subscribing to that email sounds dangerous though! A daily teaser of awesome and very expensive stuff, not sure the bank account can handle it!

10. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

If you prefer not to risk the chances of being suckered into purchasing DD items, I would suggest not subscribing. I find myself purchasing items, most often corals, that I definitely wasn't seeking out. Divers Den is the cause. LA understands the marketing tool behind the mailing list. =) I watch that list, nearly every single day.

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, i'm thinking i don't have the willpower for that! lol! evil DD with you're really cool stuff i didn't know i wanted!

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

The page lasts a few months. They use it for cross referencing orders and what not Im pretty sure.

Sorry to hear about the fish Nvizn :(