Discovery Channel's "Tanked" *LETS DO SOMETHING*

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by mikejrice, Sep 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

Sorry, had to chime in once more...

And just say that the Tanked people have a horrible actual company name.

ATM?

All I can think of is Cerks 2...

'YOU NEVER GO ATM'

Youtube it...

;)

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Not sure what this has to do with the thread but to answer your question. No. I have a different opinion then you do so you launch a personal attack on my intelligence? Real nice.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  4. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Amen.

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Someone mentioned before about a way to get all these people to sign something... guess no one heard of online petitions. http://www.groubal.com/ Also you forgot the l in clerks lol. Also Becky said sometimes ATM is ok...ewww...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I am sorry but I like the show and will continue to watch it.

news update: ITS MADE FOR TV REALITY!!!

that means its fake. That means there is behind the scenes. That mens there is things being done that you dont see.

This is about as real as survivor.

Want to know how to beat this show if you hate it that much? TURN THE CHANNEL!! You continue to watch means it continues to get ratings and in turn sponsors and money. Sponors and money means you get to watch it next season as well. Online petitions dont make or break a show the all might dollar does. Sitting here raising hell and keeping the show fresh in everyones mind just gives it more viewers and more chances for popularity. Hell look on here there must be 10 threads on the show now? Popular on here? Thats a wavy opinion but these threds keep it at the top of the new topics on the forums and that brings in more people to look and read, then what do they do? They go watch it and you just helped the ratings go up even more! Your growing your own algae in this tanked! lol.

1 person likes this.
  7. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I personally enjoy the show but I would definitely enjoy seeing a "behind the scenes" episode to show actually setting up filtration and what actually goes into the setup...but that would ruin the whole drama of the show with the "deadlines." So it prolly wont happen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I agree that this is just a reality show for ratings and money.
    The only problem I have is that this show is becoming cannon fodder for enviromentalists and people like Snorkel Bob. This show represents our hobby to the outside. If an enviromental group writes an article about the puffer being lifted out of the water and people read it, they will think we are terrible people killing pufferfish.
    JM2C

10. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

No one is asking you to be sorry for liking the show. I think you are missing the point Mike is trying to make. Sure we know this is fake T.V. sure we know there is behind the scenes. The only thing we would like to see would be some kind of disclaimer in the show that tells people who may not know what you know that there is alot more to keeping fish then is portrayed on this show. Thats all. Whats wrong with a few facts on T.V.? Is that going to ruin the show?

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

There's a lot more in keeping 8 kids than is portrayed in Kate plus 8.
    There's a lot more to being a teenage mom then is portrayed in.... Teenager and Pregnant or whatever. I don't think the disclaimer is necessary. Not enough for everyone to get ticked off. Everyone has a "behind the scenes".

How many do you think are not going to do more research besides watching this show? The numbers are pretty small. Sure there may be someone who tries it.... but I treat people in the ER who ignore the disclaimer at the beginning of jacka$$.... those fools will exist whether or not there is a disclaimer.

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid