Discovery Channel's "Tanked" *LETS DO SOMETHING*

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by mikejrice, Sep 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I don't have a problem with that either. lol. I just don't get involved. :p

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I've seriously heard everything peeps are trying to say. It's an easy point. I get it. I do not, however, agree with the concern.

If you are concerned with animals, maybe put some effort into something other than the injustice of inaccurate fluff piece TV show. If anyone takes a reality show too seriously... they need help. It's like watching wrestling and thinking it's real.

Maybe go after some REAL injustice to animals, like the ones that are being skinned alive, tortured, starved and living in fear.

1 person likes this.
  4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I understand others' concern(s) for the animals...while I do agree to a point, until the producers actually show everything that happens (which they won't be doing), I can't complain that the people of ATM are doing anything wrong; I'm not getting the full picture.

5. Renee@LionfishLair

Don't take a reality show too seriously.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Maybe I am a little confused here.You don't agree with the concern?But you think we should go after real injustice? If this show causes some person to go purchase an aquarium fill it up with water and sand then dump 25 fish in it thus causing the animals to be tortured,starved,living in fear, and possibly death?Wouldn't that constitute an injustice?:confused:
    I do absolutely agree that there are many injustices in the world (SOME MUCH WORSE)but to say this is not one is wrong IMO.There are alot of gullable people out there.(and thats being kind)Have you been to Florida lately?LOL

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  7. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

Dont get me wrong, I love animals, but aren't there more important things in this world to get active in or devote your time to?

Example: there are plenty of children in this world that are being murdered, starved, tortured, and living in fear.

I personally despise the PETA commercials asking for $29/month to care for an animal in need, when there are plenty of commercials asking for the same amount to feed a child or provide medical care in a third world country. Really? Do we have all the other world's problems solved that we need to take potential donations and apply them to dog food?

What about the crisis in Japan and the thousands or hundreds of thousands of homeless/sick people in need there? Just as a recent example. Or Sudan, or any third world country that is in constant need?

I'm sure there are plenty of PETA fans on this site, so I'm sure I'll get bashed, but common people, I'm just asking for you to look at the big picture. Anyone who chooses a dog over a child is inhumane, IMHO.

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

I think you are giving a reality show way to much credit.

10. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If we were talking about everyone who watches this show being as knowledgeable as you I would say absolutely,but unfortunately this is not the case.:cry:

11. Renee@LionfishLair

You think the WWF is real too, don't you.

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

You mean the WWF isn't real? I always thought it was, lol. Is Santa Claus real or the Easter Bunny. I love all the stuff I get at Christmas and the treats at Easter, lol. ;D